This is a short video I made of some Quest creation with XMLSpawner. Thanks @tass23 for your help and thanks Servuo for all your hard work. We will be relaunching soon and a very long quest line will be ready :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This looks super cool! I honestly didn't know you could do that with XMLSpawner. Anyone care to write a tutorial?
Xmlspawner is one of the, if not the most, robust spawning systems for a freeshard. The added ability to create Mobs/Quests/Items on the fly is one of the things I like best about it. Anything that can be done with a script, can be done with Xmlspawner (with less of a chance to crash the shard versus a script). I don't know exactly what all the checks and balances are within Xmlspawner's scripts, but they seem to have covered most of the bases. If we could carry those checks and balances over to the script level, there would be a lot less crashes for folks creating new mobs/quests/items, I think.

There are tons of tutorials on making quests with XMLSpawner. I wouldn't have been able to even begin this without them and the help of tass23

https://www.servuo.com/tutorials/xmldialog-xmledit-xmlquestnpc-killnamed-objective.9/
There's tons of ways to put things together, your imagination is Xmlspawner's limit lol :)

I made a BBQ Grill and Elevator with the Spawners. I posted video of them on here somewhere. I had started working on a Pac-Man game, but I got distracted by other projects. But, ya, you can do just about anything with them and there is no need to shut down/reboot the server to do it.

Back