@Moody and I have been pondering the quests system on our server for a while now. We're running a UO:R server with the CurrentExpansion set to ML for certain compatibility reasons. This hasn't caused any problems so far but when it comes to quests, everything is mixed up.

We would like to ultimately use XMLSpawner2's quest system so that we may easily generate new quests but we're not a fan of the little quest book that it gives you and we would like to use the (im assuming) ML default gump located in the paperdoll.

As far as I can tell there are 3 types of quest systems right now.
The context menu that appears when you click your character.
The quest journal that appears inside of your paperdoll
and XML's quest book that it gives you.

So the objective here is to use XML's quest npcs and generation, the paperdoll log/gump system, and somehow gracefully remove all of the default quests that came with ML or prior.

Any advice?

We found UO Scripter 1.4.1 and it's amazing, it lets us generate quests and it uses the ML quest gump. So this solves all of our problems except that we still need to eliminate all of the old default quests from the game.

We found UO Scripter 1.4.1 and it's amazing, it lets us generate quests and it uses the ML quest gump. So this solves all of our problems except that we still need to eliminate all of the old default quests from the game.

This could be as complicated as heck, removing quest mobiles and items from the scripts folder, only to find relationships to other mobiles and items elsewhere.

Or, it could be as simple as anything, simply don't spawn those particular quest mobiles. Yes? Meaning, make sure your Xml Spawns files/folders do not include any of the XmlQuest mobiles. Not sure if that eliminates the content 100%, but that would be the place to start.

Ultimately that was the conclusion we reached as well, I just wanted to get some insight from someone who might have done this before. Thanks for the tip.

Back