I'm making a quest line as well as side quests and I was wondering if there was a way to tie in the exclamation mark above the NPCs head into XmlQuestNpcs, maybe using conditions? I'd imagine there would be some packet play and a custom attachment, is there an easier way, an existing way already?

You could check a proximity around the mobile for players in range, and then have it emote an exclamation point every few seconds using a TimerDelay call or something similar when it finds a player.

Cool idea.

That's a good work around, I might use that if I can't use my original idea. What I'm talking about is the actual quest markers that are currently being used on OSI.

I've spawned a known (original) quest on my server to see if they are visible. He has a tooltip "Quest giver", it might be as simple as adding that as a property, but that wouldnt tie into xmlspawners conditions

ai.gyazo.com_45001d39bfeac68d8a8b5201bd6eb9bc.png

Ahh. Is that Enhanced client only, or classic too? I'm sure there is a way to either grab that packet, or hook the tooltip into the spawners.

Huh... I guess it is only the Enhanced client. I could have sworn I've seen it on the classic. Perhaps it's a packet Moody or I added unknowingly. Do the quest indicators show on the classic on OSI?

ai.gyazo.com_68329865b87468aec0d456384433b604.png

It is a property for the Enhanced Client (almost positive) and you would have to carry that over to XmlQuestNPC.cs or add it to TalkingBaseCreature.cs (as that covers all NPCs handled by Xmlspawners).

Thanks everyone, all my questions are answered! Seems if I do decide to add this, I'll use a custom attachment or something and it will only be applicable to people using the Enhanced Client on our server.

Back