Which video did you prefer?

• Total voters
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Grand piano (Save Tara)

Harp (Gillian Grassie)

Original (Ultima Online)

Original (Ultima 7)

Original(Ultima 6)

(See the Ultima V version in the response below.)

So there's a few version of the UO and indeed Ultima theme - the Stones - out there. But which is the one you find most pleasing to hear? Anyone know of any others?

Original (Ultima V)

it's honestly hard to choose. i'm partial to the third one because I was a Second Age player. but the grand piano version does sound wonderful, probably because it's a piano and recorded really well. The harp would be awesome if it was recorded better.

I'm an Ultima V player, myself (My avatar might give that away. lol) It's a hard choice, really. Instrumentally, I prefer the grand piano, I feel it lends to the melancholy of the song, but there was something about the harp version by Gillian Grassie that is tremendously evocative.

Ultima 7 version for me (i loved ultima 7 as a kid so it's the most memorable for me)

If i could vote twice I'd vote for the original UO stones also,.. it really tugs at my heart just as much.

And lets not forget one of the greatest 3d games ever made. Pure magic, turn it up and close your eyes.

Whilst I kinda disagree* that U9 was one of the finest 3d games ever, I will say that is the finest rendition of the stones I've heard yet.

*It was HUGE let down for me, very bugged and they couldn't have chosen a worse character actor to voice the Avatar - surfer dude? No thanks! :p I still played it to death, though.

grand piano: too much light finger and the "main" audible track is not loud enough (still good anyways);
harp version: sound quality is not good, and the girl that plays does weird faces... :oops:
i prefer ultima 5 song over ultima 6, idk why...
but nothing can't beat ultima online's original theme :rolleyes:

The original UO midi takes the win for me, but points to U9 for being epic and the guitar version for being played very well (I know that one's difficult).

This is a great opportunity to share with you all my own rendition of Stones :)
I hope you like it! :)

Back