This is not a script related problem, more a general question.

I am running RunUO 2.2 using a custom map of Felucca which uses mul files. I am including downloads of these files for users who wish to use a pre-installed version of the client. Will this impact users who use a version of the client that uses .uop? If so, is there a way around this? It has been a while since I downloaded the client, and I am uncertain which version I am using, though it uses .mul files and I think is completely patched up to the High Seas (it has those graphics). The era is set to LBR, though I am using a few later graphics.

I am also including a zipped full version of the client I use, with the map files included. Should I provide only the zipped version, and forego the separate map download? I have not made any other changes to the client.

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You Can Just send Up The Muls But I;d rename it to like Map34 or CustomMap.mul so there is no conflict, Thing is most your editing to custom maps only read a *,mul File anyway , And person downloading would have to rename it to map1.mul or something to that effect for client and Servuoto read it. Unless They Have Ultima Live..then naming it CustomMap.mul so there isno conflicts.As far as Client version vs Maps this Shouldnt matter

You Can Just send Up The Muls But I;d rename it to like Map34 or CustomMap.mul so there is no conflict, Thing is most your editing to custom maps only read a *,mul File anyway , And person downloading would have to rename it to map1.mul or something to that effect for client and Servuoto read it. Unless They Have Ultima Live..then naming it CustomMap.mul so there isno conflicts.As far as Client version vs Maps this Shouldnt matter

Thanks a lot!

No Problem, Archaaz I'v done alot Of Custom Map/Art Inserting with the various Tools over the years with messing with Uo and Uo emu's so iknow a bit about this subject, If I was you though I would include instructions how to Install like renaming it Map0-5.mul to Replace an existing client map, or other wise Server/Script Edits To Map like Ultima Live does To Include new maps

No Problem, Archaaz I'v done alot Of Custom Map/Art Inserting with the various Tools over the years with messing with Uo and Uo emu's so iknow a bit about this subject, If I was you though I would include instructions how to Install like renaming it Map0-5.mul to Replace an existing client map, or other wise Server/Script Edits To Map like Ultima Live does To Include new maps

Most definitely. I am utterly new to it all, though I have learned a bit over the last few years but there are many areas with which I have no experience or knowledge, this is one. What happens if a renamed map is placed in the same folder? Let's say I am using a custom version of Map0.mul, and rename it to Map0-5mul. Will the client recognize this?

if its exact name is Map0-5.mul or Map0-5mul then yes and no it'll see but do nothing with it,but if named Map0.mul it'll replace existing map or ask to...

Back