This is a random quest generator I have been using from a good time ago. I never could figure out how to get it to work with the expansion being set to None. I am looking to see if there is an easy fix for this so I can pop it in and see how it does. Files are attached if anyone needs to try it out for themselves.. Hopefully, this is just me being tired and not able to focus... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• QuestScroll.cs
    79.3 KB · Views: 8
  • QuestGiver.cs
    12 KB · Views: 5
You're going to have to modify every if statement that checks the core to check for expansion you're using.

Code:
If(Core.Aos)

I gave that a shot and didnt go so well.. After searching for a while I had read that someone a long time ago had done this but I dont understand what they meant by it.. All that was said is " I just appended the NStory to the Name variable of the scroll. This way the whole story is visible onclick." and I am at a loss as to what that actually means. I feel like it is right in front of my face but to no avail.. If I enable AOS in the expansion, it works beautifully. However, of course I must be difficult, I am not intending on running that type of set up. Hopefully, some light will be shed on this mystery. I would really enjoy having this in..

If it runs with AOS enabled I'd say you missed an if statement - try putting an exclamation in-front of all of them like so.

Code:
if(!Core.AOS)

Sounds like a plan.. I will give that a shot.. The QuestScroll.cs file doesnt contain any AOS references just the QuestGiver.cs file. I will try doing that suggestion to the giver file and see what happens.. Thank you for the suggestions..

No problem man - once I have the time I'll dig through them if you're still having troubles, but if it works with AOS I'm not sure what else would conflict off the top of my head.

When you hover over the item in AOS+ it will have a story thing below the itemname for that certian random quest. But in LBR- on single click it only shows the name and nothing about where to go and what to do for the quest.

Correct Anubis,
That is the problem I have been having ever since this setup has come by me. I know it would be simple to just say " Well just have an AOS based shard " and believe me I have thought about. If there's even a chance that tinkering with this can actually work with pre AOS setups, I would enjoy applying it. I haven't had much luck in my trial and error stages here, but will keep going in search of what can possibly open this up for pre AOS shards. I appreciate all the help and responses for this.

you could somehow setup a gump that has the story in it when the scroll is double clicked instead of having it "under the name".

might be easier than trying to override some freatures

agreed, and set up the props of the scroll with something like

AddLabel( 69, 100, hue, String.Format("You need to kill and capture {0} {1}", mNNeed, mNMonsterType ) );
AddLabel( 69, 100, hue, String.Format("You have already caught {0}", mNGot ) );
and so on and for the story line I'd use Addhtml

Back