1. Download and install Git Tortoise (http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/wiki/SetupHowTo) & - if you use Windows - Git for Windows as described.
2. Create new folder "ServUO"
3. Right click folder "ServUO" -> "Git create repository here" -> Check box "Make it bare", Ok
4. Right click folder again -> Toirtose Git -> "Pull" (if "Pull" isn't shown the first time it can help to click "Git Clone" first, then abort it after a while and pull again)
5. Enter as url: https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO
6. Wait until download is finished.

Next time to update source: only right click, "Pull ..."

Now go to "your-location-of-ServUO\Scripts\Misc\Datapath.cs" and edit the link to your server UO/mul files.

To compile server exe: Open ServUO folder, double click "compilexxx.bat" (in Windows 7 or 8 right click instead and choose "run as administrator"). It will create ServUO.exe and upon pressing enter start the server immediately too.

Edit: Updated April 10 2015

Last edited:
You'll want to use the github address. The link is on the navigation bar. I will work on getting a detailed how to up as soon as I move and get us a wiki.

I would think it would be fine, but let's ask @dmurphy if he believes it is, you could also download the zip package on the right of that page, then do your updates with merges along the way.

I see the .bat file (for windows and mono) right there in the file directory on the main page of the Git repo.

You can also compile using Visual Studio rather than the .bat file.

Hi, i downloaded using the SVN , but i have 2 folders ( trunk and branches/BardMasteries ). In each folder there´s a complete proyect.
Wich is the difference? wich one should i compile?

Thanks

All updates go into the ServUO repo and it shows the BardMasteries was completed 10 months ago, so it should be done.

Wich is the difference? wich one should i compile?

As I understand it, the BardMasteries is a branch, whereas the Trunk is the official repository. If you download the Zip file, I think you will see that it matches the Trunk repo file by file.

I don´t understand what branch is, google translate is not helping me very much :p

So i have to use the Trunk, if i want the official server.
I saw that they have the same files.

It´s like an alternative project or it has the last modifications?

Sorry to ask again.

I compiled ServUO, wokrs great!
But in the screen when it´s compiling it shows me this 2 messages in color red:
OpenUO Error: Client files not found.
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts.. done (use -vb to enable)

The vb.net scripts, what are they for?

And why am i geting the OpenUo Error?

Thanks in advance.

openuo is looking for client files like maps, and tiledata ext. It looks in a few locations but seems that it is not able to find them automatically.

VB is another programming language, it's another option for writing scripts, the community at large prefers C# however, if you do VB coding you could wring in that language and when you run the servuo (like in debug mode) you supply -vb so that it will look for and compile VB code.

VB don't worry about.

OpenUO I've not messed much with but for what I have done I haven't needed it.

1. Download and install Git Tortoise (http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/wiki/SetupHowTo) & - if you use Windows - Git for Windows as described.
2. Create new folder "ServUO"
3. Right click folder "ServUO" -> "Git create repository here" -> Check box "Make it bare", Ok
4. Right click folder again -> Toirtose Git -> "Pull" (if "Pull" isn't shown the first time it can help to click "Git Clone" first, then abort it after a while and pull again)
5. Enter as url: https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO
6. Wait until download is finished.

Next time to update source: only right click, "Pull ..."

Now go to "your-location-of-ServUO\Scripts\Misc\Datapath.cs" and edit the link to your server UO/mul files.

To compile server exe: Open ServUO folder, double click "compilexxx.bat" (in Windows 7 or 8 right click instead and choose "run as administrator"). It will create ServUO.exe and upon pressing enter start the server immediately too.

Is their a quick fix for win7 can't locate the git.exe, did search nothing after installing more than once.

What git.exe? I'm using Windows 8.1 so not sure what you mean. You need to install Tortoise and Git from their respective websites ...

correct, i have done this but when I go to pull on the folder it says the git.exe is missing , everytime. it supposed to be in the bin folder.

Reinstall Git? With admin rights? On a local drive? Because usually the right click option occurs only when git has been installed.

What windows version do you have and where did you download git?

Back