GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Donate money to this user
GoldDraco13 submitted a new resource:

Random Event System - Want to play a game?

Random Event System
<Built on OneTime>

Description : The Random Event system is a glorified game system, at release it offers two games, Capture the Flag & Team Death Match!

The system is automated so nothing needs to be done except press the green button, min two players need to join for the game to launch!

Install Instructions : Plug and Play (Just drop anywhere within the scripts folder and restart...​
Read more about this resource...

Reactions: Finaltwist

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
GoldDraco13 updated Random Event System with a new update entry:

Update

+Keeper of Events - When you double click this npc, you'll get your lifetime game stats
+Event Book - This book stores the top ten players for each game and the overall best players

*Use [Add keeperofevents and [add eventbook to a building that the player can visit, or in multiple towns, you can have more then one! I would also place a book near a keeper of events, by default the keeper doesn't walk, perfect for sitting in a chair and taking game notes!
Read the rest of this update entry...

Lemke

Squire
Sep 26, 2015
Hello! Just started to test,this time we go Wrong,but found a problem. (Team deathmatch).
When event start and players be teleported i cant perform negative acts on my target. (attached pic).
And the first issue i found is when double click the keeper of events server crashed,here the log. (Note:Must be rofl this issue,i doubleclick him without events registered,i think when the first event is gone,there is no more problems,but i will test soon).
C#:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
   en Server.RandomEvent.KeeperOfEvents.OnDoubleClick(Mobile from) en C:\Users\baalw\Desktop\UO\Scripts\Custom\RandomEvent\Mobiles\KeeperOfEvents.cs:línea 59
Post automatically merged:

Issue 2: When team death match end,we still beeing reds hehe,keep the good work man!TY!

UPDATE:
Second time i run a deathmatch:
Now i can attack the opponent,i kill him in minute 1 (2 players/accounts playing).
Issue: I kill the one opponent,and i win event cause we are 1v1,but event didnt finished,i still wait 13 minutes to exit.
Thank you for your work!

Attachments

Last edited:

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Hello! Just started to test,this time we go Wrong,but found a problem. (Team deathmatch).
When event start and players be teleported i cant perform negative acts on my target. (attached pic).
And the first issue i found is when double click the keeper of events server crashed,here the log. (Note:Must be rofl this issue,i doubleclick him without events registered,i think when the first event is gone,there is no more problems,but i will test soon).
C#:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
   en Server.RandomEvent.KeeperOfEvents.OnDoubleClick(Mobile from) en C:\Users\baalw\Desktop\UO\Scripts\Custom\RandomEvent\Mobiles\KeeperOfEvents.cs:línea 59

Issue 2: When team death match end,we still beeing reds hehe,keep the good work man!TY!

UPDATE:
Second time i run a deathmatch:
Now i can attack the opponent,i kill him in minute 1 (2 players/accounts playing).
Issue: I kill the one opponent,and i win event cause we are 1v1,but event didnt finished,i still wait 13 minutes to exit.
Thank you for your work!

The first time you played and couldn't do negative effects on target, were one of the players staff, or were both player accounts?

I'll put a update up to fix crash, forgot a null check.

Team Death Match = kill as many people as many times over set time! So you'll have 15 minutes to kill, even one player over and over! This is not elimination, that'll be for a different game!

Reactions: Lemke

Lemke

Squire
Sep 26, 2015
oops!!! Ok then my fault!
Using 2x admin accounts with staff orb to change plevel to player,so things going well,so sorry for mistake mate,keep the good work,this system is going to be a real monster resource.

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
oops!!! Ok then my fault!
Using 2x admin accounts with staff orb to change plevel to player,so things going well,so sorry for mistake mate,keep the good work,this system is going to be a real monster resource.

I see, then yes, testing with a modified staff account could cause issues with the system, to many overrides for staff that even with a orb ball that changes you to a player, its not a good test, we can't say for sure the system is bugged vs the state of player with orb as if it just does a simple account access change, then there could be other staff related values getting in the way of a play test.

I've tested with 2 player accounts, please test using the same, staff will not be supported in this system!

Thanks again for your feedback, it does help fine tune the system!

Lemke

Squire
Sep 26, 2015
Ok so!
First team deathmatch played with 2x player accounts,here two issues i found and a tip(pictures too):
First issue is event is not registering kills,2 accounts enter the event without game tracker,i thinks this is why happened.
Second issue is backpacks are getting death shrouds not movables during events,when we exit the finished event we cant trash it.
And a tip:
"Supply stone" to use during all events skill based?
Cause: When we are dead during an event,our stuff is lost on body,bandies,arrows,potions,so we can get this supply stones on spawn points?I think there is a good point,when event finished we can lost resources,to not confuse,if not hard,we can go supply stones getting all needed stuff like "event stuff"including a normal armor,arrows,bandies,and some potions (so we can let all our equiped stuff and supplies in bank when enter an event?,i know,hard and horrible to write,but just an idea).
Here 2 pics!

Attachments

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
I found the bug with event not registering kills last night as well, I've already got a fix in for it in the next release, the death robe issue will have a fix in for next update as well.

As for the supply stone idea, +++ [I'll work on something for the next update]

*I'm currently in the process of refactoring and redoing some code, I'm also working on making the games more plug and play within the system for others to be able to create games themselves and just plug them in!

(Had a late night and work today so the update will be out later tonight or tomorrow if I run into issues)

Reactions: Tasanar and Lemke

Cody

Squire
May 28, 2016
Iowa
doomsdayreturns.webs.com
Shard Name
Doom's Day Returns
just installed this i think its missing the flag?

Errors:
+ Custom/NEW/RandomEvent/GameMain.cs:
CS1729: Line 363: 'CTFFlag' does not contain a constructor that takes 0 arguments
+ Custom/NEW/RandomEvent/Items/GamePlayer.cs:
CS0246: Line 87: The type or namespace name 'CTFFlag' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 88: The type or namespace name 'CTFFlag' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 98: The type or namespace name 'CTFFlag' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.

• Wow
Reactions: GoldDraco13

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate

Update

*Fixed issue with Game Scores not registering
*Fixed Death Shroud, should drop normal shroud now!
*Fixed a teleport bug, at certain times the player is sent to the wrong location
*Made sure to include all files this time, missing CTFFlag.cs included, my bad!

+Changed the keeper of events to auto spawn with book if not already spawned, He spawns in the middle tower at British Castle Trammel! (If you have this previously spawned, please go delete prior to install and...

Lemke

Squire
Sep 26, 2015
Hello!
Have an issue!
Tested 2x player accounts,first random event: Team Elimination.
Player A found player B,player A kill player B,server crash with this log:

C#:
Exception:
   en Server.RandomEvent.GamePlayer.OneTimeTick() en C:\Users\baalw\Desktop\UO Everlast\Scripts\Custom\Random Events\Items\GamePlayer.cs:línea 164
   en Server.OneTime.Events.OneTimeEventHelper.SendTick(IOneTime oneTime, Int32 type) en C:\Users\baalw\Desktop\UO Everlast\Scripts\Custom\Random Events\OneTime\Events\OneTimeEventHelper.cs:línea 47
   en Server.OneTime.Events.OneTimeEventHelper.SendIOneTime(Int32 type) en C:\Users\baalw\Desktop\UO Everlast\Scripts\Custom\Random Events\OneTime\Events\OneTimeEventHelper.cs:línea 22
   en Server.OneTime.Events.OneTimeSecEvent.SendTick(Object o, Int32 time) en C:\Users\baalw\Desktop\UO Everlast\Scripts\Custom\Random Events\OneTime\Events\OneTimeSecEvent.cs:línea 15
   en Server.OneTime.Timers.OneSecTimer.OnTick() en C:\Users\baalw\Desktop\UO Everlast\Scripts\Custom\Random Events\OneTime\Timers\OneSecTimer.cs:línea 40
Special note: I changed the datetime used by ServUo to DateTime.Now,cause im interested on use the machine time,its possible to be that problem with your One Time.
Ill go to redo to Utc then re-try,thank you!

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
I don't think it has to do with the datetime, I can't read Spanish but it looks like a bad instance ref, resulting in a null error! Testing now, will have fix in next patch!

Lemke

Squire
Sep 26, 2015
Thank you mate,im testing other games now,i tested a deathmatch without problems,last issue i think we got is:
killed players spawn ever in his base,so other players can be waiting to reskill fast and reach points.let me ocntinue with other games,i will post soon.

////UPDATE////
Played a new team elimination with datetime as standard Servuo (UTC) without issues,working as intended.
Lets see more and more!
Absolutely awesome system mate.

Last edited:

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
I couldn't reproduce the crash, I'm going to upload version 1.0.0.8 to see if I fixed it and didn't realize it in my refactoring!

An Idea - As for the spawn point camping, I'll add it to my list, I was thinking of using random spawn points, sensitive to opposing team/players, so if a player is too close, the spawn point will use another spot!

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate

Update

*Fixed issue with scoreboard not registering TDM and Team Elimination

+Added a world message that informs players of the game type of event before they join
+Added a cancel/exit button so players can cancel prior to the event if they had joined, they can also exit a event in progress but they will loss all progression for that event!

**Was working on refactoring so there are other minor changes, too many to list, this process is on going!

Thank you mate,im testing other games now,i tested a deathmatch without problems,last issue i think we got is:
killed players spawn ever in his base,so other players can be waiting to reskill fast and reach points.let me ocntinue with other games,i will post soon.

////UPDATE////
Played a new team elimination with datetime as standard Servuo (UTC) without issues,working as intended.
Lets see more and more!
Absolutely awesome system mate.
The datetime issue actually confuses me, I am wondering how that could effect OneTime and in turn the event calling back a bad instance, puzzling! I will have to explore this and test against a edit such as yours! Could you point to where you edited ServUO datetime so I can test this on my set up! Thanks!

Last edited: