Hey all, it's mobOfMonsters from Rel Por last time around arelporuo.com_forums_Smileys_default_smiley.gif (or Alan from UOForever a couple years ago)

So The Rel Por crew (including myself) are working on rebooting the server in a couple months or so, and I figured some of you folks at ServUO might be interested in a live stream of some development of new stuff we are putting in there. My first go around is going to be this evening-- it'll be quite an adventure, no doubt! I'm going to be working on a new loot table system that will make it much easier for us to tweak the loot tables on the fly and easily knowing where items are being spawned and with what probability (things that the vanilla RunUO loot system could be improved on dramatically).

Today will probably involve a lot of file parsing -- I.e how do we take a text file that specifies all the loot dropped by various mobs and pull it into the server so it can use it? We'll see what we can come up with arelporuo.com_forums_Smileys_default_smiley.gif I can't promise it'll be as exciting as watching League of Legends, but if you are at all interested in seeing some server customization programming under the hood... or at least watching me run into problems, bumble around (errr... Professionally seek) for a solution on a live stream, then feel free to stop on by! I'll try to make it interesting and informative!

I have a basic outline of how I envision the system to work, but it's all improv from there (for better or worse arelporuo.com_forums_Smileys_default_smiley.gif)

I plan to get on tonight at 9pm Eastern time... My twitch channel is "JollyRogerEpicProductions". Hope to see you then! If you have trouble getting to the stream please inform me at [email protected]

Thanks! I hope to finish the loot system this evening. I started last night's broadcast with a demo of how to get ServUO up and running, I'll probably post the YouTube video of it as a tutorial for interested individuals :)

I ran a live stream last night on twitch, the first 15 minutes go over getting EVERYTHING you need to set up a ServUO server from the very beginning. Also, a couple super important Visual Studio hotkeys that will make your life way easier when digging through the code (or any code)! After that first 15 minutes I continue developing a custom flexible loot system that I think has very big advantages over the built-in RunUO version :) (I have posted the other videos of that live stream on the same Youtube channel in case you want to see how I go about developing / debugging my code... the very first "Part 1: 1/5" video I did I actually run through a quick overview of how RunUO works too :) )

Enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Aye it did end:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(It was a pretty epic final event ;)) see at about 14:20.

But it's coming forth in a glorious resurrection! :D

Back