I used to sock puppet these scumbags back in the day, present info to the appropriate agencies & such but I was horrified to learn someone very dear to me had recently been duped by a Nigerian romance scammer via #PoF
then #Kik

She had told me his name only, not a lot to go by, but the info she gave me about him as a person triggered my suspicions. Particularly, as they would only talk via kik. So, I Googled variations of spellings including "kik" "scam" etc

Finally, happened across this by Googling, "CasseyCooper" kik:
https://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99328

I then approached my friend with the find & it pretty much devastated her on the spot. It is the same person used in all the photos she received. In her defense, she has never really used the Internet but she was royally duped. Even convinced to send £500 to the perp via Western Union Bank. Not unusual for her, since she does this with family overseas. However, it is without a doubt a scam.

At this point, she gave me permission to pursue him on Kik using her account. He disclosed the following:

+44 7376 580425 - UK cell
+234 903 972 6633 - Nigerian cell

The person was also despicable enough to try to make out that he was a suffering military veteran. All as a means to gain sympathy, albeit from me. I am proceeding with action on her behalf but I am driven to take this scumbag down. Or team of scumbags, even. My friend has had some incredible crisis to deal with prior to being hooked in by them & was extremely emotionally vulnerable.
Beyond that, if anyone wishes to help break this network of morally bankrupt scammers, it will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170817-175241.png
    Screenshot_20170817-175241.png
    213.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20170821-075422.png
    Screenshot_20170821-075422.png
    398.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Have since discovered the Facebook of both numbers by syncing my contact list with the app.

One is blatantly the fake, however, I have reasons to believe the other is the actual scammer. He probably is that dumb & complacent. Doesn't think he'll be caught in Nigeria, if the crime is overseas.

https://www.facebook.com/cass.coop.986

Here's the FB profile associated with their UK cell number. Reported by me & consequently deleted by FB.

https://www.facebook.com/akinyeye.ayotunde

This is the FB profile associated with their Nigerian number. I believe this may possibly be the scammer, he has been very complacent in his actions. Perhaps even thinks being over in Nigeria will prevent his being apprehended. Could be a patsy, but my gut says it's the real guy.

See if you can lift some helpful information from the meta-data/exif of his public FB photos.

Sometimes it contains GPS coords, or a device IMEI that you can trace.

See if you can lift some helpful information from the meta-data/exif of his public FB photos.

Sometimes it contains GPS coords, or a device IMEI that you can trace.

I've passed it all to the NCA/Action fraud. They've been made aware that they are serial scam gang operating using US, UK & Nigerian contacts.

Feel like I've dirtied my hands enough, tbh. Hoping it gets picked up by some interested party, if not properly investigated by the aforementioned.

Good to hear from again, btw, Voxpire!

Those Fraudsters are known for years and its sad to hear, that a person you know were a victim of it. The idea of tracing down their profiles is a good idea but only helps, if they are not operating from nigeria\ghana (or whatever african country they live). I´m pretty sure they work as a criminal organisation with multiple persons involved, targeting certain targets. Good luck on research!

I've no doubt that this is the case, however, I had raised it as a serial scammer organisation that is operating internationally, potentially netting in £100,000s of cash. Which gives greater incentive to the bodies they've been reported to, to investigate. Otherwise, nobody would care about a singular scam. Either way, they won't be able to operate with impunity for too much longer.

Back