Hi all,

So I'm trying, perhaps in vain, to update an old shard that originally ran on 2.1, to work with ServUO instead.
I've got most of the custom scripts copied across and modified, so they compile ok, the problem of course, is playermobiles and basecreatures, aren't loading, because (I think?) the Deserialize and Serialize entries are different, so when it starts up, it keeps asking to delete mobiles

Is there a reasonably easy way to update the basecreature/playermobile files to accommodate an old save?

Your right, the more you get into it, the more you will find its not realistic to do. The Core files alone are very different in them selves, as well as the script side. I was in same boat, and just said screw it, started a fresh world save after converting my RUO over. Its sad, but easier to rebuild in game than rework all the serializations. I had thought about reworking them all just to release it for folks that are converting.. but then it would be a whole nother version of ServUO.. and whats the point in that..

You talking about from RunUO 2.1 to RunUO 2.3 ?? Cause we were talking about the transition to RunUO 2.x to a ServUO package..
I could see three months being pretty accurate though, for a RunUO to ServUO serialization match..

Back