Hey All,

I have an old Raspberry Pi 2 I am trying to convert over to a ServUO server for my kids to have a locally run Shard for my 9 and 7 year old daughters to play on. I am having some issues I need some assistance with I'm hoping someone can give me a quick hand with.

To start off with I have formatted and installed a fresh instance of Raspbian Jessie with Pixel Ver. November 2016

I have updated everything including Mono and GCC

I installed and compiled the latest version of ServUO from GitHub

after the make of ServUO I run "mono ServeUO.MONO.exe" inside the ServUO install directory

it starts up and gives me a config warning
"Config: Warning, using default value for DataPath.CustomPath"
"Enter the Ultima Online Directory:"

I have searched the forums and google and keep coming up with hits saying I need to install OpenUO or referring to configurations of a client.

In all of the tutorials in the ServUO forums I'm not seeing anything saying to download a client from anywhere or to where to install it if I do download one.

could someone point me in the general direction of where I have stalled at?

the server needs to have some client files to run. So get the client files for ultima and move them over to your raspbian and then use the datapath.cfg from the config folder and set it to the folder where you placed them.

Thanks Pyro, any suggestions on which ones to use? I haven't played UO since the late 90s so not really sure which ones are best or the differences since then. I suppose I could always break out my CD and cloth map I got from the first release of UO since I know that one lol.

you can simply download the current 2d client from uo.com :p that should be the most stable even if you want to set the era to an older one

You are best with the most current client files unless you are wanting to emulate an older era.

Download the client on a Windows computer, allow it to update those files and then SSH them to your Raspberry Pi.

P.S. I tried running a server on my Pi 3, and it will run but not very well due to the lack of ram on the Pi.

Thanks again PyrO and Ravenwolfe I will see about getting the new client downloaded and see how it works out, hopefully I can give my kids a part of my past to play this weekend
[doublepost=1483742083][/doublepost]
You are best with the most current client files unless you are wanting to emulate an older era.

Download the client on a Windows computer, allow it to update those files and then SSH them to your Raspberry Pi.

P.S. I tried running a server on my Pi 3, and it will run but not very well due to the lack of ram on the Pi.

Can I just copy the install folder from window via USB to the Linux system or is it best to ssh it all?

Yes, you can do it with usb, just make sure you have run the client at least once so that it installs all needed files.

You can actually get away with just some of the files instead of all, but I usually find it easier to just copy them all. I only suggested SSH cause thats how I use my Pi :)

Back