I just saw it... RunUO officially ended. Ryan wrote a farewell letter to the users (read at RunUO.com).

--------
I personally feel sad for it; I never saw other emulators (Sphere, Pol...) as RunUO's rivals, but as a community. It is a part of the game that is dying.
Seems that UOGamers will not end as RunUO if you're wondering, lets see what future tell us.
God, I hate farewells :( even online ones hahah

I was reading this also, so darn sad as Runuo helped so many new people with their servers-we have all had Runuo around for sooo many years! Really sad :/

For some time I sensed that this would happen. Lack of will to develop the project for the 3D version, Ryan mails addressed to members of the community to interested in the new project of Garriot. It is a pity.
But ... the world is going forward. It seems that now ServUO is likely to become not only a separate project, but widely recognized as a continuation of what Ryan started over 15 years ago. Milva, Insanity, Voxpire, m309 and others - do not disappoint us :) You are the best :D

Very Sad to hear. But I am very glad to see that Ryan will be making an archive of RunUO. Lots of very valuable info and scripts there. Hopefully we can get alot of the content doubled over to ServUO for easier access.

*waits for the stream of RunUO user signups*

Crazy.. though not real surprising, at the same time feels like a sucker punch somehow too.

Will definitely miss the place.

Feels kinda shitty to be honest, no warning at all.
If Ryan had no interest in RunUO anymore, why didn't he appoint forum managers to run the forum and maintain it?
Just seems like such a waste, but, I'm glad places like this exist to take over from it.
The runuo forums have been broken and borderline dead for a while, I'm just worried about all the scripts and useful info that has been posted there.

I knew this day would come, but now seeing it; wow. Was hoping this wouldn't of been until after I died LOL

I know, I feel the same way. Its been on my favorites bar forever. 12 years of being a part of that community, watching it grow since before the first Beta release.. ran around the test shard before the first release.. there were no spells yet, lol! In fact, only one Ogre mobile existed, and it was named 'Me' that when created, ran around at light speed, hah.

It will be tough, I will probably have the habit of wanting to check the site like a morning newspaper for a good while to come, I imagine.. Its sad that the idea of passing on the site to someone who cared wasn't at least entertained.. I know I would have thought pretty serious about it myself.

But for those that come to ServUO looking to fill the void, dont worry. There will be others like you to come, and it will not mean any less welcome :) I imagine a few little changes around here to come, too. It may end up with a RunUO support section, or at least a header for a RunUO version tag on a help or support thread. Bottom line is, I know this place will welcome all that migrate over!

I suppose as a last note... at least what's done is done and all the speculation and what not can end. Now we can all move on.

Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing a murder of crows; like Alfred Hitchcock's the birds. randomly fly around occasionally pecking at people either LOL

We use to put Me in the jail to keep any one company who would be spending some time :) Make them dizzy!

In fact, only one Ogre mobile existed, and it was named 'Me' that when created, ran around at light speed, hah.

We use to put Me in the jail to keep any one company who would be spending some time Make them dizzy!

Every shard we made we played with "Me", and in fact just today my brother put me in jail and said to keep the offenders entertained lol

I here you on that one! we built a great shard, now we just need a way to advertise it out there.. now we just got stupid things wrong, slowly fixing everything..or trying to, Runuo being shutdown will slow progress...

I was on the forums getting help for a script. Went back to the forum main page and it was gone....

Glad I learned about ServUO before RunUO went down.

*sniffles*

well i guess we all know what this mean...time to head back to SphereServer

;-)

kidding. of course. Sphere was my first free shard stomping grounds but was on RunUO for around 10 years.

so, ServUO, sorry to say you're stuck with me.

goodbye RunUO. Glad to hear there's going to be an archive but I can't help feeling a little

ai0.wp.com_listverse.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_Man_Crying2bee1356b8df4142260ab6ee4f16ca50.jpg

doh! get it off my screen!! it's melting my pixels zerodowned... man I just cleaned that. I dunno, I'm all mixed up. happy sad but more like this atm.
awww.jimcarreyonline.com_images_albums_movies_aceventura_stills_ace_still02.jpg

IDK, this part, i find irritating tho "Thank you all, each and every one of you for everything you've done to make this community an wonderful place. I hope the many derivatives of RunUO can last as long as we did... just know it's a tough road and a long journey."
Seems more like a slap in the face then a complement, but hey that's just me. If all these server applications go down, then we'll have no choice but to keep UO alive at all costs. A lot of us have been in UO since '94 or longer. Who knows We got some new scriptors, programmers, new ideas *raise glasses* "here's to another 16 years.

yea... we all knew it was coming, less and less updates, less chatter. It was only a matter of time. We all knew it. But still, it's a blow to ALL UO communities. Guess we all have to step up our game now.

What a shock indeed !

I kinda grew up with RunUO. It was my reference for many of my custom scripts. It was a great project which could last so many years. I can only say : "Bravo" for all the work and energy spent there.

Now indeed, the community might split to those who believe in ServUO and those who will go back to Sphere (I'm not sure many will do it though ...).

To those who read these lines, I can tell you you can trust ServUO. I have been trusting it for many months and we have some very talented people around. Just check the repository and look at who commited ... and say "woaaaah". ;)

I know more than one stable UO Servers whose core is using ServUO (Publish 54).

So yeah, the end of a story, but everything isn't over yet.

-Regnak-

Actually nothing really bad happened to RunUO. The development still be maintained by Mark and Eos. Old RunUO forum will be available as archive. The only problem: a new place for community. And I don't think it's a critical problem. People won't have to move to Sphere, POL, ServUO or do something like that.

I'm curious which site is going to become new home for community. Maybe this one, maybe Mark will do something for that, maybe someone else will start a new site from scratch.

Anyway Ryan has done very great job. I wish him good luck with the new business and game development.

It's been a long time coming, but that doesn't mean it's `officially` over. As Soteric said, Mark and Eos will still maintain the code, they won't let it go to dust.

It's a shock, but that said, it's not the end.

True, it's not officially over. There's always someone to take the reigns. Just wish there would have been more warning. It isn't going to be the same either way.

that doesn't mean it's `officially` over. As Soteric said, Mark and Eos will still maintain the code, they won't let it go to dust.

I have seen this for years on other sites. Don't get me wrong, I would like to think that is true; but 80% of the time it works out that way at first and then *poof*. Granted Eos has been around as long as Pixels to the screen. Eventually the reigns will have to pass again. I know Eos will do a good job of it, always has. Just don't like it when they try to assure people that it won't happen, or the next person they pass it too doesn't care as much as the one before them or the job becomes to much and *poof*. It's happened time and time again with UO sites, why would RunUO be any different, now that Ryan has moved on to other projects. I'm not saying it's bad or nothing, just most of us have seen this happen way too often, usually ending up with a bad taste in the mouth and baited breath. RunUO is still a great resource and every generation (newer, younger) that comes into the scene and starts to work on all these projects, needs to have those resources. All of us aging and dying UO players, gotta train or teach the younger ones a thing or too or pas down our reigns eventually. I'm sure RunUO will be around alot longer, just not in the capacity it used to be, doesn't mean what they print on the screen is true. *i'll sit here and count the days until I see it kinda thing*.. The Game and its history lives through all of us, so when sites do this regardless of their rep or how long they been online, doesn't mean much in the scheme of things. *just disappointing*

He could have atleast "gave" the forums as-in to somebody lol
Is there gonna be a runuo section on here for those using runuo or it can go in the normal script support?

Whoa what happened did some one else take this over, either way I'm very happy to hear about this :)

i mean, sure, you can use google. but when you want to find all threads by a specific person, the actual search function is a wonderful thing to have

Back