Scripter for Hire

zerodowned

ServUO Developer
Jun 28, 2014
UPDATE: Available for work again

I'm looking for some paid work to do.
I can't offer to be a full time staff member, but can help with a lot.

The size or the project and the amount of the work is considered when discussing payment.

If interested, send me a PM with information.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Wise Ol Kor

zerodowned

ServUO Developer
Jun 28, 2014
I will soon be available for small side projects.
If you have something in mind and don't mind the wait - send me a PM

zerodowned

ServUO Developer
Jun 28, 2014
Here are some of the projects I have been commissioned to do in the past. I won't list who requested any of these for privacy reasons, unless that person contacts me asking to do so.

- Converted a custom class/level system from outdated version of Runuo to Servuo. Required finding all the needed code and/or changes in files; and some changes to fix compiler errors.

- Also made another class system that blocks certain classes from using some skills completely. As well creating a different gain rate for skills based on class.
A fighter class is unable to purchase or use crafting skills.
A ranger/tamer character has faster gains for healing than a fighter, etc.

- Created a "Character Sheet" gump based on a similar system from another game. Combined with a custom Points system and reward selection. With support to easily add new pages and rewards for future updates.

- Customized guild gumps - inspired by Ultima Shards - I changed the overall look of the Guild gumps and borrowed many aspects of Ultima Shards system but worked closely with the requester and gave a lot of input to create a unique looking gump and system.

- Storage key for Recipe scrolls

- Utilizing a part of VitaNex Core I created a system that if a mounted characters enters a building, they will auto-dismount, and prevents them from mounting while in a building.

Last edited:

Vorspire

Vita-Nex: Core
Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 29, 2013
United Kingdom
core.vita-nex.com
Shard Name
Ultima Shards: Multiverse
Donate
Donate money to this user
I don't have any issues with re-creating another shard's content. If you have the skills to do so (and you do) then I don't think you should limit your potential. A lot of shards copy each-other, if you don't do that work, someone else inevitably will :p
Having said that, if you feel uncomfortable doing it, then I don't see a problem with refusing to do it other than the obvious limits.
It's a nasty case of "nice guys finish last" in the UO community :(

Anyway, I vouch +1 too :D

zerodowned

ServUO Developer
Jun 28, 2014
+vouch for zerodowned
I can +vouch for zerodowned too
I don't have any issues with re-creating another shard's content. If you have the skills to do so (and you do) then I don't think you should limit your potential. A lot of shards copy each-other, if you don't do that work, someone else inevitably will :p
Having said that, if you feel uncomfortable doing it, then I don't see a problem with refusing to do it other than the obvious limits.
It's a nasty case of "nice guys finish last" in the UO community :(

Anyway, I vouch +1 too :D
Thanks guys, honestly means a lot to me coming from you three.

@Vorspire you're right about re-creating another shard's content. I don't actually have a problem with it, just got burned pretty bad a little more than a year ago. Spent about 2 and half months converting Zulu Hotel to Servuo for someone only to have them cancel on me and ended up not getting any compensation for more than 2 months of work. o_O Lesson learned right? i'll go edit my other post.

zerodowned

ServUO Developer
Jun 28, 2014
Hi, sorry for the bump but wanted to say that I'm available for hire again to assist with scripting.