So I am running a server and for the last 15 days or so I've been getting this crash. Sometimes its multiple time a day and other times it goes a couple days between crashes. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate a push in the right direction.

Server Crash Report
===================

ServUO Version 0.5, Build 6349.40628
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 10/20/2017 8:53:34 AM
Mobiles: 4936
Items: 172535
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Items.Container.RecurseFindItemsByType(Item current, Type type, Boolean recurse, List`1 list) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\ServUO Repack by zerodowned\Server\Items\Container.cs:line 1221
at Server.Items.Container.FindItemsByType(Type type, Boolean recurse) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\ServUO Repack by zerodowned\Server\Items\Container.cs:line 1206
at Server.Items.Container.ConsumeTotal(Type type, Int32 amount, Boolean recurse, OnItemConsumed callback) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\ServUO Repack by zerodowned\Server\Items\Container.cs:line 856
at Server.Items.BaseRanged.OnFired(Mobile attacker, IDamageable damageable)
at Server.Items.BaseRanged.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, IDamageable damageable)
at Server.Mobile.CombatTimer.OnTick() in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\ServUO Repack by zerodowned\Server\Mobile.cs:line 2061
at Server.Timer.Slice() in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\ServUO Repack by zerodowned\Server\Timer.cs:line 409
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\ServUO Repack by zerodowned\Server\Main.cs:line 586

I had zero build me a repack. Zero rocks. I did some research and it looks like a custom script I added is passing a variable of null. So I am trying to correlate the scripts I added to the date the crashes started to figure out which script might be passing the bad variable to itself.

Try running the server in Debug mode. Should give a better idea of which script.
[doublepost=1508551518][/doublepost]Right click the .exe & select Create Shortcut. Then double click the shortcut & select Properties. Click the Shortcut tab. Where it says Target, you need to click on the right edge of that field, just after the .exe" tap the spacebar once & type -Debug, then apply & ok.

I am having a similar issue...It runs absolutely perfect on my desktop never crashes no issues at all, but the second I move it to the host its total fail and just implodes.

Attachments

• Errors For Demented.png
    Errors For Demented.png
    132 KB · Views: 23
On your host is your copy of the client in the same location as your datapath.cs says it is?

private static readonly string CustomPath = @"C:\7.0.60";

Is this part of your datapath pointing to the correct location on your dedicated server with the right name of your client folder?

@Kitten, iyou might try changing that path to remove the periods. There's a chance it's not liking that.

Edit: It also looks like your path is actually listed at the top of that window displaying the error. Well, the path to your executable, you'll need to add the gamedata folder to the end.

@Kitten, iyou might try changing that path to remove the periods. There's a chance it's not liking that.

Edit: It also looks like your path is actually listed at the top of that window displaying the error. Well, the path to your executable, you'll need to add the gamedata folder to the end.

The Datapath.cs is set to point at :C\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
not the 7.0.60.47

yes I know and I changed it to the correct data path for the host. I have absolutely NO issues even remotely like this with my actual server. Just this test server.

Folders inside Program Files generally require admin privileges to make changes to.

You might try just putting your game data folder inside the folder that holds your servuo executable.

It is generally considered good practice to not put anything you intend on modifying or using regularly inside program files, as Windows tries to keep that folder very secure for Reasons.

So it would look like "C:/ServUO/ServUO.exe" for the executable, and "C:/ServUO/gamedata" for your client data.

This formatting will also make it easier to develop a backup strategy, since you now only need to backup the ServUO folder, and capture every change you've made to your sever.

So I am still having all these issues that I cannot seem to fix. I thought maybe if I ran the congfig.win that maybe it would help to set everything right...No such luck. Got this error. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the servuo server that is on my desktop. My players cannot play it from there tho, if I cannot get this on the host soon I am going to have to give up.

Attachments

• Compile Win Error.png
    Compile Win Error.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 6
I will try
[doublepost=1508895024][/doublepost]So I have solved the issue but not in the way any of you may think...lol. I had 2 hosts...my runuo server was on host 1 and I was trying to put the servuo server on host 2 (hosted by same company and VPS were IDENTICAL) Just out of desperation I switched the servers to the opposite host. So runuo when to host 2 and servuo went to host 1. Now they work perfectly. I have not clue you guys...not even a little tiny one. Host company confirmed that VPS were Identical and there was nothing different that should have caused this issue. If you are having this issue check with your host I guess.

Back