1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server crashing going to custom map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by john burns, Nov 13, 2015.

1. john burns

john burns Member

When I teleport to my custom made map, my server crashes. Here is the crash report:

Exception:
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at Server.Mobiles.XmlSpawner.GlobalSectorTimer.OnTick()
    at Server.Timer.Slice() in c:\ServUO\Server\Timer.cs:line 409
    at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\ServUO\Server\Main.cs:line 570

2. Vorspire

Vorspire Vita-Nex: Core
    Admin ServUO Developer

Is your map a custom Width/Height?

You need to make sure that the correct dimensions are set for your custom map in #MapDefinitions.cs

• Like Like x 1
  3. john burns

john burns Member

I used UOLandscaper and chose to make a blank map to the dimensions of Tokuno. Then I used the dimensions of that map in the registry file.

* * * * EDIT * * * *
    I went into Centred Map Editor and checked on where the furthest points are, They are the same for the Tokuno map.

#3 john burns, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  4. Denjiki

Denjiki Active Member

Try finding XmlSpawner2.cs and find this line:
    Code (C#):
    2. // sector hashtable for each map
    3.         private static Dictionary<Sector, List<XmlSpawner>>[] GlobalSectorTable = new Dictionary<Sector, List<XmlSpawner>>[6];
    I -think- this tells XMLspawner how many maps you have. Since you have an extra map, this may need to be changed. Try changing it to:
    Code (C#):
    2. // sector hashtable for each map
    3.         private static Dictionary<Sector, List<XmlSpawner>>[] GlobalSectorTable = new Dictionary<Sector, List<XmlSpawner>>[Map.Maps.Length];

• Like Like x 2
  5. john burns

john burns Member

I also went back through and REALLY studied how the maps were set up in the files, and after playing with a few adjustments, I think I got it working. But it takes me a couple of seconds to jump to the new maps.

Here is my question Denjiki.
    Should I still change that line in XMLSpawner?

6. Denjiki

Denjiki Active Member

Yes, you should. If you plan on making any xmlspawners in that map, you will need to change that line in xmlspawner2.cs otherwise the spawner may think it is on a different map/facet/whatever. In fact, I think when ServUO changed the Xmlspawner folder in the repository and I did the same on my server, I forgot to change that line. My spawners I had on my custom map registered as being in felucca and got all messed up. It may even cause a server crash if you have your spawners on your custom map without making the changes to that line, hard to say.

7. john burns

john burns Member

I remember putting some XMLs on a custom map of mine, but I didn't restart until a few days ago, then I made my first post in this thread about it. Hopefully problem solved.

Thanks.

8. john burns

john burns Member

Did what you said to do, and now my spawners for my custom map are showing up on trammel and I can't sign in, I get right to the screen where it says "Signing into Britannia", but then the client crashes, and not the server.

Man, do I need help.

9. Denjiki

Denjiki Active Member

Hard to say what the issue is if you can't even sign in. It could be something you did wrong with map dimensions and/or other things set in your MapRegistry.cs and MapDefinitions.cs, client issue, etc. If you had it working before and the only change you've done was what I suggested above, obviously try changing it back and see what happens. If you had your spawners on your custom map and then changed the xmlspawner2.cs file afterward, i can see why that would make your spawners act strangely. I've no idea exactly what your setup is like and what else you've done to it so it's hard for me to speculate without more information.

Some ideas to try would be to find your C:\Program Data\UltimaLive\ folder and delete the contents of it -- it's a hidden folder where UltimaLive caches the map files retrieved from your server. It will automatically download them as soon as you attempt to logon to your server again.

Another idea would be to try using the original igrping.dll instead of the UltimaLive dll and see if you can even log on after doing that. Your old igrping.dll should be named igrping_.dll so all you have to do is rename it back to igrping.dll.

As a side note, I also haven't been able to get my UltimaLive to work recently ever since I did all the ServUO repository updates from the last year 1/2 or so to my server. Map settings and everything were the same before and after, only changes were the repo updates. I also get stuck after selecting my character. I've been meaning to clone a fresh ServUO repository and try to install ultimalive on it to see if it's something specific to my server or ServUO in general (I very much doubt it's a problem with ServUO itself since there's not been any other complaints, but i'm going to try it nonetheless). Right now I have to logon my server with the regular igrping.dll because the UL dll freezes me after character select.

#9 Denjiki, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  10. john burns

john burns Member

I am wondering if it's not ULive itself, not being flexible enough.

Mmmmm, I have all of my custom scripts and stuff, and the mul files to go with it. This is a long shot, but going to try a fresh install of ServUO with ULive, Just to see what it does.

We may be looking at the end of ULive as we know it. Which is sad, because I always thought the server should be able to handle more than one map.

* * * * EDIT * * * *
    With a fresh install, modification of the map files, and all other files moved over, with the exception to ULive, I am in and working. But I see nothing "unused" tiles everywhere.

#10 john burns, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  11. Denjiki

Denjiki Active Member

When i had ulive working i had 3 extra custom maps with spawns working just fine. So not sure what the deal is but i am going to try with a fresh servuo as well -- ill let you know how it goes. Very into fallout 4 atm though so until i get bored with that i wont be messing with servuo a whole bunch other than to logon the forums and help where i can

12. john burns

john burns Member

People, I have 14 maps running under ULive 097, and my client hangs at "entering britannia" screen, then crashes.

Any thoughts?

13. Denjiki

Denjiki Active Member

You havent said whether you tried my suggestions or not of clearing the program data folder, using the original igrping.dll, etc. I can assume you tried them to no avail, but how am i to keep making suggestions if you dont give feedback or further information? You havent specified your client version or anything like that. Diagnosing a problem like this is often trial and error and so we need some help from you as well.

I can say that to your comment of unused tiles on a fresh servuo install may just be that when you teleported to the map you were at the wrong z level. Try going back on there and when you get to where you see a bunch of unused tiles do a [set z 10 or do an [inc z 10 a few times and see if that changes snything.

14. Vorspire

Vorspire Vita-Nex: Core
    Admin ServUO Developer

Also, if you are running a local test copy of ServUO, make sure that ServUO isn't using the same UO files/client.exe that you're using to log-in with. I can only imagine what kind of anomalies would occur if the map files were being read and written at the same time when being used by both server and client.

I have 2 installs of UO for this reason, one to handle my local shard tests and the other to handle UOFiddler and other related tools.

15. john burns

john burns Member

Well, made a few adjustments to the map files and its working. Maybe there really is a Fairy God-Turkey. And they got my server working.

* * * * EDIT * * * *
    Maybe I spoke too soon. I went to log in last night, noticed it was taking a while, went to bed with it working. woke up this morning with me logged in. Just to make sure its working, I logged out and went to log back in, and its hanging at the "entering britannia" screen. I will reread people's comments and see what is going on here.

* * * * EDIT 2 * * * *
    Restarted server and computer where server is running on, and logged right in. Maybe my Fairy God-Turkey stopped by again.

#15 john burns, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  16. Milva

Admin Moderator

You should state "exactly" what changes you made- other wise if your still having problems , this will give an idea of "what you have done"

17. john burns

john burns Member

I should have done that. Sorry all.
    Also remember, I am also using Ultima Live Map Streamer and Editor ver.097

So here is what I did...

MapRegistry.cs
    AddMapDefinition(34, 0, new Point2D(7168, 4096), new Point2D(5120, 4096)); //Lost Lands
    Changed to this
    AddMapDefinition(34, 34, new Point2D(7168, 4096), new Point2D(5120, 4096)); //Lost Lands

MapDefinitions.cs
    RegisterMap(34, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Lost Lands", MapRules.TrammelRules);
    Changed to this
    RegisterMap(34, 34, 34, 7168, 4096, 0, "Lost Lands", MapRules.TrammelRules);

XMLSpawner.cs
    private static Dictionary<Sector, List<XmlSpawner>>[] GlobalSectorTable = new Dictionary<Sector, List<XmlSpawner>>[6];
    Changed to this
    private static Dictionary<Sector, List<XmlSpawner>>[] GlobalSectorTable = new Dictionary<Sector, List<XmlSpawner>>[Map.Maps.Length];

18. john burns

john burns Member

Getting the following error:
    Regions: Loading...done
    World: Loading...Error:
    System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
    at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
    at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
    at Server.World.ReadTypes(BinaryReader tdbReader) in c:\ServUO\Server\World.cs:line 271
    at Server.World.Load() in c:\ServUO\Server\World.cs:line 368
    at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\ServUO\Server\Main.cs:line 537

My maps are set up like this:

MapRegistry.cs
    AddMapDefinition(34, 0, new Point2D(7168, 4096), new Point2D(5120, 4096)); //Lost Lands
    AddMapDefinition(35, 0, new Point2D(7168, 4096), new Point2D(5120, 4096)); //Savage Lands
    AddMapDefinition(36, 0, new Point2D(7168, 4096), new Point2D(5120, 4096)); //Nordic Ice Lands
    AddMapDefinition(37, 0, new Point2D(7168, 4096), new Point2D(5120, 4096)); //Viking Lands
    AddMapDefinition(98, 1, new Point2D(1448, 1448), new Point2D(1448, 1448)); //Misc
    AddMapDefinition(99, 0, new Point2D(6144, 4096), new Point2D(5120, 4096)); //LandsForStaff

Map.cs
    public static Map LostLands { get { return m_Maps[34]; } }
    public static Map SavageLands { get { return m_Maps[35]; } }
    public static Map NordicIceLands { get { return m_Maps[36]; } }
    public static Map VikingLands { get { return m_Maps[37]; } }
    public static Map Misc { get { return m_Maps[98]; } }
    public static Map LandsForStaff { get { return m_Maps[99]; } }

MapDefinitions.cs
    RegisterMap(34, 34, 34, 7168, 4096, 0, "Lost Lands", MapRules.TrammelRules);
    RegisterMap(35, 35, 35, 7168, 4096, 0, "Savage Lands", MapRules.TrammelRules);
    RegisterMap(36, 36, 36, 7168, 4096, 0, "Nordic Ice Lands", MapRules.TrammelRules);
    RegisterMap(37, 37, 37, 7168, 4096, 0, "Viking Lands", MapRules.TrammelRules);
    RegisterMap(98, 98, 98, 1448, 1448, 4, "Lands For Staff", MapRules.TrammelRules);

19. Denjiki

Denjiki Active Member

The "unable to read beyond end of stream" is usually a corrupted world save. Try reverting to a previous backup, or find your ServUO\Backups\Automatic folder and use one of those saves. Often times happens when a save was interrupted or server was shutdown during a save. Sometimes the cause might not be entirely clear.

20. john burns

john burns Member

ok, thanks.
    that must be the equivalent of "something small and stupid" when a mechanic is trying to tell me what is wrong with my car.

And which folder do I place this into?