Hello all!

Running the newest version of ServUO with the newest version of the UO Client on a Windows 10 machine. I am running into issue where the server will just stop doing anything.

For instance I will have users trying to log in and upon entering username and password it will just spin and never login, If i check the console it is usually sitting like this:
1605831994388.png

And when I click on the Console and hit enter the console will suddenly jump to life and spawn a bunch of other lines of text and then start allowing logins and doing things again.

Has any one seen this or have any ideas how to trouble shoot?

Hello all!

Running the newest version of ServUO with the newest version of the UO Client on a Windows 10 machine. I am running into issue where the server will just stop doing anything.

For instance I will have users trying to log in and upon entering username and password it will just spin and never login, If i check the console it is usually sitting like this:
View attachment 17055

And when I click on the Console and hit enter the console will suddenly jump to life and spawn a bunch of other lines of text and then start allowing logins and doing things again.

Has any one seen this or have any ideas how to trouble shoot?

have you tried running servuo.exe as admin?

The issue your having is caused by quick edit mode in the console. It's what lets you select text in the console window but it also has the effect of pausing the server if it's clicked on. It can also oddly enough register clicks on an application that's above the console window pausing the server.

To fix it:

Right click on the top left of the console window and select Defaults. It must be Defaults and not Properties.
Uncheck quick edit mode, and hit OK
Close the game's console by clicking the X (this will close the server without saving so if you need to save do that first)

The next time you start the server quick edit mode should be disabled and the issue you're having should go away.

Cool, thank you to both! I have tried both fixes and will report back. . . eventually! thank you so very much!
So far so good the above suggestions seem to have helped greatly!

We had one minor freeze up last night, I think the server might need some more resources running dual core with 4Gb RAM on windows 10, I'm goign to up that and see if it helps as well!

So far so good the above suggestions seem to have helped greatly!

We had one minor freeze up last night, I think the server might need some more resources running dual core with 4Gb RAM on windows 10, I'm goign to up that and see if it helps as well!

Not a problem can never have too much power for a sever!

Back