I was wondering if someone else is having this problem. I Downloaded newest svn from scratch . Also downloaded new client patched all the way up. When i go to type [restart it pauses for a long time then logs client out and will shut down the server console, then will reopen like normally it freezes at verifying scripts. Locks up the console cant shrink it . Only way i can get control is to ctrl +alt + del end the task. I was having this issue before i started over from scratch thought it may been something i messed up :(

I also am running a laptop with 1 64-bit processor with 3 gigs or ram and windows 10. Maybe i dont have enought power ? Also i have had this problem with [shutdown will sometimes freeze the console window before shutdown.

It Dont matter if i use the console window "restart" or in game [restart. I now get the same result every time. Restarts server but locks up after verifying scripts. Cant even Close It out . Any Ideas Anyone.

Just wondering if the same thing happens with [admin then save and shutdown the server- use the servuo exe to restart?

Nope it saves then it says exiting on console then freezes console... Also double checked made sure i added exception for my fire wall for permissions . Now i do have my game installed in c:/games/ea games . I did read some where that u couldnt have client in C:/programfiles (86) something like that. I did however copy a folder full of the game files inside of c:/program files/ client files . Still got the same error . Seems that when i did the update for my client this happened cause it was intermittent now it is everytime rather i shutdown or restart . I have no custom scripts in straight svn.

Are you running on windows 10?
If so there are new console features that are designed to make the console easier to use (like highlighting) but it tends to cause issues with response. I don't know if it's the cause but when you have the console up you can right click the title bar, go to properties, and turn off QuickEdit Mode, I also turn off insert mode. Hope it helps.

Thanks for idea . Tried that it was off already so i tried turning on . Also have tried combatibility mode windows 8 . Just keeps locking up for some odd reason .
[doublepost=1488682539][/doublepost]However i did find out that if i go to the console and type shutdown it works just fine . If i type [shutdown in my client then client disconnects and server console freezes
[doublepost=1488682585][/doublepost]Yes Im running Windows 10 to..

- save before trying to restart or shutdown a shard running off fresh download

- make sure you're running in admin mode

I've had similar issue before on Win8 and those two things fixed it for me

Yea I've tried that .one of first things I tried .. thought that was problem too. I'm try reinstall Windows I did mess with registry to get more speed for os..I post my findings

When the console freezes, does Task Manager report it as constantly using maximum CPU?
Ex. on a 4-core system, it would show 25% persistent usage for the process.

Given your laptop specs with 3GB of RAM and Windows 10, I would assume you don't have much virtual memory available while the O/S is running. This could contribute to bottle-necks in long-running processes such as when the world saves, or when CSC.exe is compiling your scripts, then exiting (the time that script verification happens).

I would also suggest checking and perhaps increasing the size of your page file(s) as this could help dramatically when virtual memory is scarce.

When the console freezes, does Task Manager report it as constantly using maximum CPU?
Ex. on a 4-core system, it would show 25% persistent usage for the process.

Given your laptop specs with 3GB of RAM and Windows 10, I would assume you don't have much virtual memory available while the O/S is running. This could contribute to bottle-necks in long-running processes such as when the world saves, or when CSC.exe is compiling your scripts, then exiting (the time that script verification happens).

I would also suggest checking and perhaps increasing the size of your page file(s) as this could help dramatically when virtual memory is scarce.
OK thanks very much I did have problems with page file loading steam . I think you are right showing 95% cpu.

Just downloaded a fresh SVN to test some clean up brit stuff, if I restart from the [admin gump it will kick me and then freeze. It will not actually restart. It does not do this on my actual shard but it is weird it does it on my home computer, on a fresh install.

yeah it is def something that has changed recently. Works fine on my host but will not restart in my windows 10 home laptop.

yes i started having this problem maybe weeks ago i update regularly . sometimes it would restart sometimes it wouldnt then . I downloaded a new svn thought i might have corrupted mine . Now It happens everytime i restart .

In that case, it sounds like the process is waiting for background threads to exit before the process exits. (The process being ServUO)

Has there been any updates lately that involve using TPL (Task Parallel Library)?
I'll go hunting in the code for obvious signs, but if anyone has any hints, it would help.

My self i dont rember there being one. When i go into my task manager i have the servuo console window that i have to end task also i have to end task on console window host. Then i am able to start my server up again . Not sure if that helps you any.
[doublepost=1488834401][/doublepost]Ok i was messing with my task manager i seen processor was at 15% and ram at 23% usage when server was fully loaded . I type restart on console window did not freeze this time it closed out console window. When i went into my task manager showed servuo and the console window host was still up so it didnt close it out.
[doublepost=1488837237][/doublepost]Ok i think i fixed my problem . It was a update that broke my server but it wasnt servuo 's fault. Some reason it had to do with AVG which is my antivirus program i use.what i did was uninstall my avg . Reinstall it and i fixed the restart problem it restarts every time now . They had a update awhile ago . As i was checking my restore points .

I do not use AVG, I just have windows defender.

I download a fresh SVN, started it up, DID NOT use the create world gump, simply spawned a few greater dragons to test out the new loot system, typed in [admin clicked on Save and Restart, it kicked me but I was still "in the game", just could not move. The console also just stayed the same, it did not shut down.

Again it works fine on my host computer which runs windows 2012 RC but on my home computer, running windows 10, it now freezes up.

If I just save it saves [save

but if I restart and save I can not remember if it even saved. When I get home I will fire up my laptop with windows 10 and the fresh install and see. I will even post the console.

also are you sure it is not just freezing because of the honesty items that spawn after the save?

Thats not true, it still caused issues thats why I moved the whole honesty item gen to a different task to remove the freeze completly.
Additionally it still causes an exception when there are not enough vendors placed

Which maybe makes sense since I did this on a stock, non spawned world. Ever since it corrupted my saves months ago I have kept it disabled on my main shard. I have no issues restarting there.

Thats not true, it still caused issues thats why I moved the whole honesty item gen to a different task to remove the freeze completly.
Additionally it still causes an exception when there are not enough vendors placed

I hope you added thread safety otherwise your world saves could end up in an inconsistent state.

The objects (items) created on a separate thread will remain in that thread's context depending on how they are accessed after the fact.

Since I only have it locally, and it is after save there is no worries in that regard.

Back