1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server upgrade Totorial would be an awsome feature for ServUo

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xanthor, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Xanthor

Xanthor Member

I know there is no way I'm the only one who has or had taken a break from UO, then come back either months, or maybe a year and wanted to upgrade our old servers, without having to start all over again, and be able to read proper instructions on how to do so. I left after publish 54 came out, and have great scripts like Xanthos EVO pet system, just to name a few. When I came back, I figured transferring my saves to the new server that's out would be the answer, but instead got so many errors because needed files no longer existed and realize either people just gave up on those scripts, or there must have been some conversion program that upgraded ones server, but because there is no tutorial, there is no way to do this. Normally id say fine, lets start over, but this time around, too much has been done and no one wants to lose the past work. There are so many new install videos around, its easy to start fresh, but not to upgrade. If there is a tutorial, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

2. Djeryv

Djeryv Member

As soon as someone mods the main files of ServUO, you either have to do your own incredible version control to upgrade...or you stick with the version you have. Now you can upgrade with your mods, but you will more than likely get errors that you will have to work through quite a bit...which is what you are trying to alleviate with your topic.

I have started modding RunUO back in 2012 and I am still with that version because I modified the hell out of it and it does what I need it to do so it is no issue. Even newer servers like UO Outlands run on an older version because they started their project years ago.

3. Xanthor

Xanthor Member

I'm on publish 54. After an update, OWLTR stopped working, but managed to keep the others going so stayed with 54. With the new ships, like high seas expansion, I figured it was time to upgrade but a lot was taken out so the following scripts threw errors due to missing files, and was wondering if there was any way to upgrade and still keep them. Shard itself isn't hard modded, it just has a lot built on it from scratch. Following mods is what I'm running with pub 54. Xanthor EVO System, Shrink System, Utilities, AdvancedPlayerGate, Checkbook, Santa Quest, and my mob scripts like icy horder.
    Figured copying over the save folder be simple, but get a ton of errors due to scripts removed like the Bazaar. Not even sure what the Bazaar was, but seems a lot of what my scripts do depend on it.