ServUO and Enhanced Client support (Publish 54)

Hey !

I have been able to merge the modifications for Enhanced Client support (see patch txt files in this post). It seems to be working :)
I just had to modify RaceDefinitions.cs according to what I have found on the net ;)

Here are the results !

I still need to test it out on long term ... but I have just launched it on my Test Center, and it seems to be working. Now I am able to create a character with Enhanced Client (for example)

EDIT : updated with Publish 54 version

Attachments

• Enhanced Client Support for ServUO Publish 54.zip
    143 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:

RoninGT

Citizen
Just wondering what do you use to launch the enhanced client? Do you use AssistUO or something similier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Insanity

Rookie
Assistants won't work for the enhanced client I believe. Think you have to run the exe through a utility for it to connect to a public shard. Something...cheese, not completely sure on the name of the app. Haven't used the enhanced client much myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Hey !

Yes, I use UOSALoader (that I found somewhere on the web. Don't remember where exactly, but I can upload it here if you want to). You just have to change the cheese.cfg file to the right IP. :)

But I have abandoned support for Enhanced Client for now ... There were still problems with the grid view, which was kinda annoying for players.
However, character creation seemed to work fine :)

Here is a new version compatible with ServUO Publish 54.

I tried to make it more user friendly, with all the files in one zipped file, and a small readme.

There might still have some problems left on that version :
- grid view seems to get broken on certain conditions (I haven't found which ones though).
- there might be a crash about DropReq6017 method in PacketHandlers.cs

So, please, use this carefully and preferrably not on a public shard.
As one can say : use at your own risks.... ;)

If some people want to improve the code, I'm open for help ! The changes were originally done from the GemUO fork (that seems to be abandoned now) ^^

Have fun !

-Rek-

EDIT : after some testing, I've just discovered the "missing string" bug was back. I'm working on fixing this

Last edited:

Ziru

Citizen
Just wondering what do you use to launch the enhanced client? Do you use AssistUO or something similier?
Assistants won't work for the enhanced client I believe. Think you have to run the exe through a utility for it to connect to a public shard. Something...cheese, not completely sure on the name of the app. Haven't used the enhanced client much myself.

UoSALoader is needed.

Note: Always scan any downloaded *.exe

Attachments

• UoSALoader.rar
    43.3 KB · Views: 253
Hey guys !

I've found the issue about Missing Strings.... I hadn't seen there were two DisplayContextMenu now (a new one and an old one). I had done my changes in the new one, and not in the old one. ;)

Anyway, now it works fine :)

Just some tweaking with the grid system ... and it should work fine ^^

Also, I've changed the DropReq6017 so that it doesn't crashes (2 days without crashes now ... so it seems to be ok ^^)

Please use the file in this post if you want to test ServUO and Enhanced Client Support.

Thank you,

-Rek-

swordnpen

Citizen
Hey, Thanks for this! I am really eager to try this out. Will the classic client still work as well if this is installed?

My pleasure ! I'm glad it can help some people :)

One last modification, I've been reported the ContextMenus on Classic client were broken with that version.

Please use the Packets.cs in this post.

Thanks ^^

Ziru

Citizen
Errors:
+ Item.cs:
CS0227: Line 1046: Unsafe code may only appear if compiling with /unsafe
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
https://www.virustotal.com/es-ar/fi...6e9512ad56dcd99e941aa795/analysis/1383816008/

TR/Hijacker.Gen
Win32/Heri
W32/Trojan.UVXA-1621
UnclassifiedMalware
Trojan.Hijacker
RDN/Generic.sb!l
RDN/Generic.sb!l
Troj_Generic.ESYVV
WS.Reputation.1
TROJ_GEN.R0CBB01K213
Malware-Cryptor.Inject.gen
RiskTool.Win32.ProcessPatcher.Sml!cobra (v) (not malicious)

why server files have Unsafe code?
why the exe is an suspicious trojan?

------------------------------------------------------------

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 1 errors, 0 warnings
Errors:
+ Misc/RaceDefinitions.cs:

CS0115: Line 108: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Human.ValidateFace(bool, int)': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 118: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Human.RandomFace(bool)': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 169: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Human.ClipFaceHue(int)': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 174: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Human.RandomFaceHue()': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 258: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Elf.ValidateFace(bool, int)':no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 268: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Elf.RandomFace(bool)': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 316: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Elf.ClipFaceHue(int)': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 321: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Elf.RandomFaceHue()': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 410: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Gargoyle.ValidateFace(bool, int)': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 426: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Gargoyle.RandomFace(bool)': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 473: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Gargoyle.ClipFaceHue(int)': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 478: 'Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions.Gargoyle.RandomFaceHue()': no suitable method found to override

Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

I think it didn't compile your Item.cs ... Did you remove the "/unsafe" in the compiler ?
It is in the default Win compiler batch file from ServUO Publish 54, so I guess it is no risk. ;-)

For the Trojan, some antivirus might consider UOSALoader.exe as one ... Although it is safe imho to use it.
But I haven't checked its behavior carefully. As long it loads the Enhanced Client correctly, I am happy with that ;)

Ziru

Citizen
I think it didn't compile your Item.cs ... Did you remove the "/unsafe" in the compiler ?
It is in the default Win compiler batch file from ServUO Publish 54, so I guess it is no risk. ;-)

For the Trojan, some antivirus might consider UOSALoader.exe as one ... Although it is safe imho to use it.
But I haven't checked its behavior carefully. As long it loads the Enhanced Client correctly, I am happy with that ;)

problem solved.

I have removed my actual servuo.exe and compiled with Compile.WIN.bat

Please note that my UOSALoader isn't consider as trojan or malware by any security software.
I recommend to use this.

Thanks for your hard work!!!

Ziru

Citizen
classic client is bugged?
we must choose classic or enhanced? not both?

Attachments

• 001Untitled.jpg
    001Untitled.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 164
Classic Client is OK. Please replace the Packets.cs by the one in this post :

My pleasure ! I'm glad it can help some people :)

One last modification, I've been reported the ContextMenus on Classic client were broken with that version.

Please use the Packets.cs in this post.

Thanks ^^

You can choose both, Enhanced Client or Classic Client. It's just I made a mistake in the ContextMenus in the original merge.
Sorry for that !

swordnpen

Citizen
fyi, I just installed the packets.cs from your post and now all the menus in the enhanced client say "missing string". Still, good job on this though. I know most people in the private uo shard community seem to prefer the classic client, which I have no problem using, but I actually like the enhanced client if I can get a few bugs worked out. Thanks again for your help.

fyi, I just installed the packets.cs from your post and now all the menus in the enhanced client say "missing string". Still, good job on this though. I know most people in the private uo shard community seem to prefer the classic client, which I have no problem using, but I actually like the enhanced client if I can get a few bugs worked out. Thanks again for your help.

No problem :) I care about the Enhanced Client too, because I find some of the graphics awesome (especially water effects). I've tested full Galleons on Enhanced Client, and they look awesome !

By the way, I don't have the same problem as you. Both clients, classic and enhanced work fine on my test center (and live on my shard too).
In case I uploaded the wrong Packet.cs, here is the full version I use (and that seems to work).
Btw, which client do you use ? I'm with 7.0.33.1 / 4.0.33.1

Attachments

• Enhanced Client Support for ServUO Publish 54.zip
    143 KB · Views: 216

swordnpen

Citizen
.I just copied all of the files from your post above. It looks like the problem was that I had put packets.cs in the wrong place. Everything works now. I am using the same client versions as you.