Hey Folks!

I followed the tutorial here:

I just made a static item instead of animated. I set it as a container, gave it height and weight and name. Saved. When I open the files with UOFiddler I can see my custom art at the right ID. I copy/paste/overwrite to my UO dir and launch with UOSteam, but in game I still get the "unused" image instead of my custom.........

I made sure my image is before the cutoff mentioned in the tutorial of 49150, I'm using 46728:

1606265624921.png
Do I have to do anything special like patch the client or something? Not sure what I'm missing here, the tutorial made it look fairly easy but I'm obviously doing something wrong or missing a piece.

Thanks!

I think the highest usable value depends on the client version you're running. See what happens if you put it in a slot before say 41000.

Note that item weight here can make the client highlight the item in yellow all the time if its weight isn't 255. Make sure it works like you want it to before moving on to other art items.

any ideas on limit for 7.0.87.11.

when testing, I'm placing a largecrate then changing the item ID, should I be scripting a full new item?

Your way of testing it should work. You can also type [add static 0x.... to place a non-functioning piece of deco.

You are copying art.mul and artidx.mul after editing, right?

@Falkor was nice enough to help me figure out that my client is using UOP files so my .mul edits were being ignored until I unpacked, edited, and repacked the .UOP

Thanks again @Falkor !!!!!!

Back