Hey Folks,

ServUO Pub 54

A few people here have been gracious enough to help me and weather my endless barrage of questions. I've been told this is a loosing battle but figured I'd open it up and see if anyone has any "tricks"

I have added custom art and have it showing up correctly.
1606957661437.png

I have it using a standard gump tho. No matter what I try, no matter what I do, the system just ignores my script and only allows me to use a very small portion of the gump for placing items.

I've tried adding it to containers.cfg and recompiling as well, still no luck. This is all it will let me use of the gump:

1606957580404.png

I've tried using other gumps, tried adjusting the Rectangle2D variables, nothing seems to make a difference. Even if I use a smaller container gump, it restricts to a very small area of the seen gump making this almost pointless to use....

Any ideas?

Attachments

• NecroHouseBox.cs
    1.3 KB · Views: 9
Tried all of these

BaseContainer
LockableContainer
TrapableContainer
FillableContainer
Container

I don't think it's the "type" of container that's causing the "issue"

You are fighting with a client issue. Unless you use the ClassicUO client you will never have these containers work as you expect them to. If you are using the Enhanced Client by Broadsword...then you are pretty much screwed in doing this unless you make a really small container gump to just use the area you marked off.

You are fighting with a client issue. Unless you use the ClassicUO client you will never have these containers work as you expect them to. If you are using the Enhanced Client by Broadsword...then you are pretty much screwed in doing this unless you make a really small container gump to just use the area you marked off.
nooooooooooooooooooo what a world what a world what a world.

So it's basically, use old school pre Broadsword or you're SOL. womp womp womp.

thanks @Djeryv !!

Think it will ever change in the future?

That would be AWESOME! I mean, I get it if it just "doesn't work" but it's something so minute I don't understand why it would be such a huge hurdle

Okay so I found out the issue and the Fix, The actual issue is the bootup client assistance which the Majority of us would be using Razor, but it's outdated compare to the newer version of UO itself. Lucky for us andreakarasho created ClassicUO, which basically throws razor out the window.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    68.4 KB · Views: 11
I do not think ClassicUO works with the latest ServUO and the Enhanced Client. If he is using a much older repo and UO version, you would be correct about ClassicUO doing this and you can use Razor with ClassicUO too.

You can remove encryption from the client and run it without any launcher assistant and the custom containers still won't work. Much like chairs and ItemIDs that allow "sitting", the client just does what it does in these cases and we've got no way to change it.

Well I am running it on the latest servuo, and classicuo works from what I am seeing, and it's allowing the item within the boundaries, which bus what the op wanted

What client version though, from the rest of the discussion it's a problem with the newer UO clients, I haven't had a chance to checkout using ClassicUO yet, but I'll update and let you know if it fixes it

Confirmed that ClassicUO launcher "fixes" the gump issue with the containers. I have some side effects but I don't know if it's ClassicUO launcher or if it's my crappy scripts. I'll have to test...

I'm confused here -- isn't ClassicUO a standalone client in no way related to the EA exe except for needing the MUL files?

I have no idea what it did lol, it used it just like UOSteam though. Created a profile, pointed to my UO dir, it opened up and ran just fine, other than the one graphical glitch I haven't been able to poke at yet.

I can still launch it correctly through UOSteam and UORazor too

I'm confused here -- isn't ClassicUO a standalone client in no way related to the EA exe except for needing the MUL files?
You actually do need to have the pathway to the client still, like how razor does, classicuo is more of an assistant than a client tho from what I have dabbled in so far.

I just wasn't sure if it had changed since I last tried it. I think people are assuming it's just a launcher like Razor or Steam because you also point it at your EA client files.

It's a custom from-scratch UO client, emulating the "real" client just like ServUO emulates the server. The only reason you point it at your EA installation is so it can use the MUL / UOP files.

It comes as no surprise that using a custom client would fix issues found in the legacy game client!

Back