Curious if it is possible to open an invisible container (as player. visible false works fine as staff as we can see the chest). Unsure if it would be possible at all, really. Just figure if you can walk into and be blocked by an invisible container, why wouldn't you be able to open it?
Post automatically merged:

Or even a way to know when a chest closes would work as well.

Last edited:
The BankBox is an invisible container. It works as long as the client knows about the container by sending a ContainerUpdate and ContainerContent packet.
This is the same with vendor buy and sell packs, which are hidden from view, but still send update to the client to inform it that they exist.

If you found a way, please post how you resolved the issue for anyone else that searches this topic :)

Essentially I just added a flag for hiddenchest to item.cs. Set the invisible chest with the flag. Then went to all the areas that were checking for OnSee and added in to also check first (and line of sight) for that flag. Then if it did, it would have to send the packet of the item before opening.

Your way is a way cooler form of trickery. Thanks! :D

I still would like to see if there is a way to see when the chest closes. That actually could help a lot with some things for me going forward

Back