The other question I have is that if I am using custom maps, etc. how do I tell ServUO Pub57 not to enable anything or add anything once the 'compile' is completed? I see a lot of config files, and just wondering if there is a 'switch' anywhere so everything doesnt have to be turned off manually. (guarded regions, mobiles, deco, etc. )

If it's a clean install you should have nothing to start with. You can wipe each facet first just to be sure absolutely nothing exists - no deco, no spawners, no nothing. Edit the regions file or just provide a blank one to have no regions.

I think hes saying once he [createworld if his custom map will get regions and spawns and what not meant for the other maps... I'm not exactly sure but you shouldn't use the slot for the default maps you should use additional unused slots to avoid all of that mess.

I didn't know there was unused maps.. Where is a good place to read up on this? I did a quick search here and nothing exciting come back.

try this in bing.com search... "site:servuo.com how to use custom map" as an example the search feature on this site is terrible in comparison.

That was VERY helpful. Just to confirm the findings.
If i understand then i would take these custom maps and go with something like... I would name the files accordingly map33.mul, Staidx33.mul.. etc.
RegisterMap(33, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 1, "Badlands", MapRules.Felucca);

You can't just add new physical maps to the existing ones in the client. It won't work that way. You can replace any of the default maps, and you can define any number of extra worlds that are clones of one of those, but you can't just add more maps without replacing any.

If I understand I would add the line like so? The reason I was thinking of map 33 is how the mapdefintion.cs reads.
map32:
            /* Example of registering a custom map:
            * RegisterMap( 32, 0, 0, 6144, 4096, 3, "Iceland", MapRules.FeluccaRules );
----------------
mapdef:
using System;

namespace Server.Misc
{
    public class MapDefinitions
    {
        public static void Configure()
        {
            /* Here we configure all maps. Some notes:
            * 1) The first 32 maps are reserved for core use.
            * 2) Map 0x7F is reserved for core use.
            * 3) Map 0xFF is reserved for core use.
            * 4) Changing or removing any predefined maps may cause server instability.
            */
            if (Siege.SiegeShard)
            {
                RegisterMap(0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
            }
            else
            {
                RegisterMap(0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules);
                RegisterMap(2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar", MapRules.TrammelRules);
                RegisterMap(3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas", MapRules.TrammelRules);
                RegisterMap(4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno", MapRules.TrammelRules);
                RegisterMap(5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur", MapRules.TrammelRules);
            }

RegisterMap(0x7F, 0x7F, 0x7F, Map.SectorSize, Map.SectorSize, 1, "Internal", MapRules.Internal);
            RegisterMap(0, 0, 0, 6144, 4096, 4, "Badlands", MapRules.FeluccaRules);

Yes, that will use map0.mul so be sure to comment out the existing registrations of Felucca.

With custom maps you'll also have to tweak boat code to make the "wraparound" work properly at the edges of the world but first things first!

Back