ServUO updated to .net 4.7.2

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Hey!

ServUO's current master has been updated to use .net 4.7.2. This will allow you to use c# 6 and 7 features going forward.

I have tested on both windows and ubuntu 18.04LTS using mono and did not see any issues. However, in a production environment that might change. I do not believe this upgrade will affect any server negatively but please do submit a bug report if you do notice anything off.

We have been targeting an almost decade old version of the framework for far too long and this update will help bring the project into the future.

Have fun :)

Tasanar

ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
Just added it to production UO Heritage and so far so good. No noticeable differences as of yet.

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Oh sorry , I'm sure most won't have a problem with the updated netframwork. I'm on an older laptop so I think it might be awhile for me :) plus it's good for ServUO

Ishya

Apr 2, 2015
I will be looking into this soon I have some things I have to work with first to make sure I can find everything on the new shard. is there a way to import staff runebook runes by chance?

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Oh sorry , I'm sure most won't have a problem with the updated netframwork. I'm on an older laptop so I think it might be awhile for me :) plus it's good for ServUO
What operating system are you using?

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
My laptop is older, windows vista- I will just work around what I need until I pick up a new one :)

fanzilla

Feb 20, 2018
I settle the .net 4.7.2,and run the complier,it shows:server\scriptcompiler.cs(214.61):error CS0234:type or namespace name 'CodeDom' does not exist in th namespace 'microsoft' <are you missing an assembly reference>.
How to deal it ?