ServUO Web Version 2

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
With what frequency are shards polled by ServUO, dmurphy?
Shards are polled on a per request basis. Everytime a shard info is looked at it will update so long as 5 minutes has elapsed since the last update. So the minimum would be 5 minutes but could be much more. Using the export function counts as checking the cache time and if it has been longer than 5 minutes it will update.

Hammerhand

Knight
Mar 26, 2013
"I wear my sunglasses on here
so I can
so I can"
*sung to the tune of I wear my sunglasses at night*
:cool:
Not a hint or anything... just making up new lyrics to old songs... :D

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Hey guys,

So I have been working a little more on the shardlist, I have created a launcher that, in time will become a replacement for UOGateway and ConnectUO.

Here is a little video showing the current progress:

Reactions: Hank and Greed

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Donate money to this user
So fast and easy, they can vote for the server , check the status and login!!

Reactions: dmurphy

Abigor

Rookie
Mar 20, 2014
Shard Name
UO An Corp
That launcher looks pretty awesome. I'm excited to see the final product. :D

Lokai

ServUO Developer
Dec 4, 2014
Western New York State
Shard Name
Test Center
Donate
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

... 327 years later...

thank you! (A million times)

I love the fixed banner at the top with New Posts and the Menu locked to the top. Nice!

Reactions: dmurphy

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Reactions: Hank

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Great work!

Will the shard poller ever be scheduled so that we'll be able to generate graphs of player population over time?
Historical stats will be a feature of the shardlist, you will be able to view graphs here on ServUO or export the stats as a json array or xml file to do your own parsing on your own site.

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
ServUO Launcher changelog:
  • Connect the app to your forum account. Once the app is launched you will have to connect the app to your forum account in order to vote. This will save a generated machine ID to your account on ServUO, votes will be tied to this machineID, this is a way to combat vote cheats. You will still be able to launch shards without logging in.
  • Sync your favorites between the site and the app. When you favorite a shard you will not need to visit servuo to launch it, you can just right click the taskbar icon and launch it directly.
  • Recent shards. Saves the last 10 shards launched, accessed by right clicking the taskbar icon.

Reactions: Hank

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
ServUO Web Changelog:
  • ServUO now loads from SSL which can be confirmed from the URL bar, the green lock means you are secure! This is to prepare for ServUO launcher and is just nice in general. http://puu.sh/htzxR/3b5b3b1bbe.png

A few stats for you guys 2525 unique visitors in 5 days!

apuu.sh_htu7J_fc13c9dae6.png

Reactions: Lokai

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
You have been so busy with so many wonderful improvements for ServUO! :)

Po0ka

Knight
Aug 19, 2014
Antarctica
Just a question about the shardlist, will there be any pages to it?
Or will it be dynamic loadings like duckduckgo.com searching or facebook scroll down through old posts?

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Right now there are no pages, but if we get tons of shards signing up it will probably be the facebook / duckduckgo approach where it loads more as you scroll down.

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Shardlist changelog:
  • To make it fairer for all shards and to give every shard equal advertising the shardlist is now sorted randomly by default.
  • If users wish to sort the list by certain criteria then they can change the sorting options on the right of the page.

Reactions: Talshani and m309

Talshani

Citizen
Aug 29, 2014
Oregon
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Love the new look dmurphy! And the shard listing is nice. I think the random sort is a great idea :)