ServUO Web Version 2

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Shardlist changelog:
  • I have begun collecting historical data on all shards. This data will be used to populate graphs and in the future shard owners will be able to grab this raw data and parse it in their own applications.
  • Historical player data graphs are now available on shard description pages. For example > Click here and then click on the graphs tab. In the future there will be more graphs once a larger dataset has been harvested.
  • For now I am limiting the historical data to 30 days, this will probably change depending on how it performs with larger sets of data.
There may be issues with the graphs, if you come across them please let me know. I did this while taking a study break :)

In other news I only have one more exam and I am free for the summer! It will be full steam ahead on getting more features out then and getting a release for the launcher!

Reactions: Hank and Greed

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Donate money to this user
Amazing!! Shard List just keeps getting better and better :) This will also give server's a good idea of their peak times. Plus accomplishing this all while you have studies and exam's.

Reactions: dmurphy

alienza

Citizen
Sep 20, 2013
South Africa
Donate
Hi,

I cannot add my shard to the shard list.

1. The system does not recognise .png files as image files.
2. "You did not complete the CAPTCHA verification properly. Please try again." Error if your cookie expires. When clicking "Submit New Shard"
3. "Please enter a value for the required field 'play_style'." Error, no matter WTF I do.
4. The dialog does not re-open after a error, so you have to re-click Add Shard. (Confusing)
5. There is no indication of image dimensions until you get errors.
6. Feels very buggy. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: dmurphy

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Hi,

I cannot add my shard to the shard list.

1. The system does not recognise .png files as image files.
2. "You did not complete the CAPTCHA verification properly. Please try again." Error if your cookie expires. When clicking "Submit New Shard"
3. "Please enter a value for the required field 'play_style'." Error, no matter WTF I do.
4. The dialog does not re-open after a error, so you have to re-click Add Shard. (Confusing)
5. There is no indication of image dimensions until you get errors.
6. Feels very buggy. :(
1. I could not recreate this, almost all of the images used are png images. I check the image metadata to make sure it is actually an image before displaying it. Perhaps the image was generated with incorrect data?
2. That was an issue with forms in Xenforo. I believe I have fixed it.
3. Issue fixed, thanks for bringing it to my attention!
4. Again a xenforo issue. I will look into this one.
5. Added dimensions to add form.
6. It is still beta software. Something would be wrong if it didn't feel buggy sometimes :) Saying that, you should have no issue adding your shard now.

Thanks for the report!

Reactions: Exale

Dexter_Lexia

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 3, 2014
USA
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Website looks awesome! I'm trying to add my shard, however it says there is an error with the server, and to try again later.

Fisher

Rookie
Dec 24, 2014
The Boondocks
dawnuo.net
Shard Name
DawnUO
  • <?php
  • $ServerID = 24;
  • url_close($ch);
  • if ($result["status"] == "online"):?>
  • <p>The server is currently: <span style="color:green;"> Online</span></p>;
  • <?php else: ?>
  • <p>The server is currently: <span style="color:red;">Offline </span></p>;
<?php endif; ?>

How can I add online players and Max players to this?

Po0ka

Knight
Aug 19, 2014
Antarctica
I'd say something like that:
PHP:
<?php
...stuff...
$online = isset($result['status']) && $result['status'] == 'online';
...stuff...
?>
<p>The server is currently: <span style="color:<?= $online ? 'green' : 'red'?>;"><?= $online ? 'Online' : 'Offline' ?></span></p>
The code should be valid, but i would adapt it to whatever framework you are using, if any.
I wasn't sure on which foot to dance for that code snippet you provided.

Jack

Squire
Sep 23, 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
Shard Name
Lost Lands
How can I add online players and Max players to this?
The json returned by the export link looks like this for example (a random shard I picked):

Code:
{"ID":70,"Name":"UOItalia Reborn","status":"online","votes":0,"ip":"srv.uoitalia.net","port":"2590","banner":"http:\/\/www.webalice.it\/k.puligheddu\/UOI\/bannerlungo_english_UOIR468anim.gif","description":"A peaceful world or a globe where war rages? That you can decide on UOitalia Reborn, the non official Ultima Online server. Freedom of action, conquerable cities with political and religious system that brings to the player countless hours of fun.","website":"www.uoitalia.net","players":19,"peak":73,"Core":"RunUO"}
In dmurphy's code sample he checks "status" from the decoded json like so:
Code:
$result["status"] // contains "online" or "offline"
The fields you want are

Code:
$current = $result["players"];
$max = $result["peak"];
$current and $max now contain the current and maximum number of players that have ever been recorded by ServUO.