I'm having a rather strange issue trying to set up a basic ServUO server world. I compiled and started a brand new server and typed [createworld, then confirmed with all options selected (by default). After the world got decorated, however, I'm having some very strange decorations in Old Haven (not sure if any other place is affected) - in particular, there are bookshelves in the air, doors in the air, etc. I'm using client 7.0.34.1. Is this client too new for ServUO and it expects the Old Haven to be in a different (pre-7.0.34.1, so to speak) state? If so, which client revision should I use to ensure that it's compatible with ServUO? If that's not the issue, can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Best regards,
UOGadget

You're seeing Old Haven. They are remnants of the old city that was taken over by the Undead. It's up to you, but they are safe to delete. Just know that by default, the Unstuck option in the help menu could port players inside a building in Old Haven. The only way out is a series of teleporters not easily seen unless you know about them.

Ummm but there's indeed still something weird about how it looks... Please take a look at this screenshot, it clearly shows bookcases being put in the air (as if "on the second floor") - as if the game assumed that there should be a floor there but there isn't... Are you sure this is the intended behavior?..

Attachments

• weird-haven.png
    weird-haven.png
    663.3 KB · Views: 52
Yes. That was a WHOLE building prior to the destruction of Haven. It was a church. The floors were removed, but the items from those floors remain.

Oh, I figured what exactly you meant when you said it can be difficult to get out of there. :) I guess it's best to leave these things intact even though they look strange. :D

you could also delete the old haven cfg file in data/decoration/trammel this is where all the items are held i believe

reason they are in the air is because in the data decoration file the are set to a certain "Z" coordinates... "X" i believe is like north or south and.."Y" is east or or west... and Z is height...

"X" i believe is like north or south and.."Y" is east or or west... and Z is height...
0,0 is top left corner of the map aka the top north western tile of the map
As you go East +x, West -x, South +y, North -y. Yes Z is height Up +z Down -z

0,0 is top left corner of the map aka the top north western tile of the map
As you go East +x, West -x, South +y, North -y. Yes Z is height Up +z Down -z

yes Hank.. pretty much like that but i believe "+x/-x" would be north/South and "+y/-y" is west/East and yes on Z .. thats how Point3d works when in terms of a 3dish map .. if 2d then you just have x,y

again though x,y,z or x,y these are just variables that was decided to be use..could had very well been .."A,B,C" lol

Back