Hail People!
Ok, I will try to keep this short. I have set-up shards on RunUO before. Simple, just for the family/friends. Kids have grown and moved out and have friends that are interested in trying once more. So, likely 8 regular players with bursts of up to 20. We all agree LBR is the look and feel we want. I am going to list below what are "must haves", "would be nice" and "Hell NO's". What i am asking from you all is would this be a faster easier build in ServeUO, or just tweaking RunUO 2.3.1 with Neruns distro and use some old scripts for era feels? Era accuracy is NOT as important as most people think. Even the most avid UO vet has had their memories clouded by time, change to the real game, personal feelings, and YEARS of inaccurate era free shards. I just want to get a "feel" from that era for these guys and want to get it up fairly quickly. So I will likely sacrifice some of what want want initially, and tweak it as we go.

Must have's -
Vanq/might type weapon/armor properties.
Solen Hive Quests. (with plant seeds)
Kahldun with the party book drops.
Champ Spawns
Fel and Tram with major boosts for Fel
Steal able daily/weekly rares.

Would be nice's-
Custom Housing
Pirate Boating(I hear they have cannons?)
Provoking not canceled off screen
Magic jewelry/items
Newbie Items Blessed

Hell NO's-
Item insurance
Artifacts
Necromancers
Spellweaving
Weapon/armor resistances

What do you think?! RunUO 2.3.1 with Neruns and the latest client, or is there a version of ServeUO that would fit better?

So when you start servuo the first time with your admin, and you type [createworld you get a gump that you can tick and untick the tabs to choose what to put in your world. I would check that out first to see if you can eliminate the stuff you don't want. I always just leave everything ticked so I don't really know what all the options are.

If you guys decide that the new boats and pirate stuff is something you would really like, servuo is the way to go in my opinion. I had put custom pirate stuff in to runuo before but it was never as good as what servuo offers.

There is probably a way to "turn off" most the stuff you guys think of as "hell no's", but I'm not really sure on that. Playing around with the create world stuff will tell you more.

So when you start servuo the first time with your admin, and you type [createworld you get a gump that you can tick and untick the tabs to choose what to put in your world. I would check that out first to see if you can eliminate the stuff you don't want. I always just leave everything ticked so I don't really know what all the options are.

If you guys decide that the new boats and pirate stuff is something you would really like, servuo is the way to go in my opinion. I had put custom pirate stuff in to runuo before but it was never as good as what servuo offers.

There is probably a way to "turn off" most the stuff you guys think of as "hell no's", but I'm not really sure on that. Playing around with the create world stuff will tell you more.

Well, I have it up and running and populated. I am running around now just to check what is there and what is not. First thing I guess will be trying to get the old style weapons and armor to spawn in loot. The LBR chosen in config did take out the arties, though so that is good.
[doublepost=1532709743][/doublepost]Well, one issue I found is that there is no Felucca in my moongates.... Did I do something dysfunctional here?!

If you go for the LBR era, do not forget about arcane gems (arcane equipments), golems, unicorns/ki-rins and magical creatures, the equipments that existed at the time (fur boots, those fancy sparkling clothings, etc). Nt sure if the communication crystals appeared in that era as well.

For felucca, take a look at PublicMoongate.cs, you should be able to find some leads there.

Back