Hello Guys, I have just gotten into this and I am in the process of making an awesome shard to really try and bring back some new subscribers to the game I have so dearly loved for so long. I have a fairly strong programming background, I am a corporate server/network admin for my day job, and am very passionate about anything that I do. If anyone new or old would like to combine efforts to make a really great shard for the community please let me know :) I already have permanent hosting and what not covered, and anyone serious to join in this will have full terminal services access to the server to make changes/add content etc. I have only been working on this for the last 2 nights, and so far have a fully spawned OSI-like shard, with UltimaLive running for streaming map content with one additional map loaded with nothing on it yet, I have added it to the list of moongate locations,however some of my changes will require that I release a "client pack" in a sense for new/old players so they can take advantage of the server changes/additions, but that should be no problem, zip it up, throw it on the server with a download link on the website with instructions. no biggie. Anyhow if anyone who is not already running a shard is interested please message me or email me at [email protected] :) would love to make a really great shard and combine some efforts here since a one man army is a hard one to get things done hehe. just a heads up though, this will be a totally free shard without any kind of donation model or anything. Just bringing real gaming back to the world. :)

Sounds very cool! Just a word of advice, while most people here are honest and good, we have outliers just like any community. I would highly recommend that you NOT give terminal access to just anyone that joins. It would be better to set up a private bitbucket for the project and give them access to that instead. They can still make changes as they need but not have control of your server. Things happen, people dont know what they are doing or someone gets upset and fubars the server.

Sorry if I come across negative but I have seen this happen so many times and I dont want another project ruined. A programmer can do e erything they need to do without accessing your server.

I could give some stories of experience with those words.. :-/ Its sounds advice.

Good luck on your project though man, and if you need help along the way, thats what we are here for :)

Thanks for the kind words of caution you guys :) always better to be safe than sorry, I also do byte-compare backups on the servuo folder as well, so every time servuo auto-saves, it also stores the entire servuo folder to a separate storage that is not accessible via the windows box, in fact you cant even see the "device" attached so no way to tamper with it, and the server is specifically spawned for servuo so there is nothing else on it except that :p I know people have hateful motives in the world, specially on the internet :( its a shame, damn shame, but hey such is life i suppose :) Thank you also Dian, you have helped me so far and I am for sure I will be calling on your help again in the very near future hehe, glad to know you dont mind!

Hey guys, If anyone happens to have an extra runuo forum account, or one that I could borrow for a day to pull some of the old scripts off there and edit them for servuo, I would be super greatful as I am unable to create a forum account there for some reason I do not get the confirmation email any longer, I am guessing the forum there is just dead and mostly not working any longer. Thanks in advance all! :) just private chat me if you can

Back