I'm a Royal Artisan, sadly my computer decided to die hideously and the Dell I'm using can barely run UO.
I hadn't actually been on it much, though. But, I'd rather hope they've polished up since I logged in there last.

Yeah it looks a lot better than it was when they first started letting people play... everything is better...the only thing that sucks is the "Overland map" which males the game not truly open world...but I am getting used to it(even though I don't want to)...At least I still have UO to fall back on :D

I think that's an issue with Unity. There was an attempt to make UO using that engine and creating a persistent world presents some serious memory issues, I think that's why everything in Shroud is instances within maps. I hated the overland map thing too, though, it really detracts from the experience.

The thought had occurred to me too. It'd be one hell of a project to get behind. Actual UO, not games inspired by UO - I'm bloody sick of those. I think everyone knows nothing is quite going to be like Ultima Online, unless it's a near 100% conversion with a graphical overhaul.

That said, I do think Shards Online might turn out alright. :p

Back