Sickness Sys-20

Sickness Sys-20 1.0.0.6

No permission to download

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
looks amazing! it also opens up avenues for many new gameplay options... e.g.:

a virus that makes it so npc's won't buy/sell from/with you.
a virus that makes it so you heal mobs you attack instead of damaging them
a virus that makes you drunk and keeps you drunk
a virus that makes it so you can't run

etc.

obviously, players will want to cure these, which can mean crafting certain potions or doing certain quests... I love it!

Reactions: GoldDraco13

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Donate money to this user
I like these, thinking side effects/ext symptoms of the illness, I'll work on a adding this to the system for easy use and modding in the next update!
Post automatically merged:

*Note to self : For discussion [Expand on this to cure potion, have potential side effects from curing certain illnesses] :

+Quests could then be added for special cures or for the side effects,

ie: you are left with a random side effect and you'll need to go kill x number of mobs to collect x serum/ingredient to make an antidote to get rid of the Illness/side effect?

ie: instead of healing you the medic will give a quest as the cure as it is beyond there powers to cure and needs to send the player on a quest to find the cure?

Last edited:

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
I do not test against the EC client, I'm old and suck in my old ways and personally do not like EC, I didn't even like 3D client, but that doesn't mean I won't help make it work for the EC client, I just need some feedback that will help guide me to code a fix for that client, if needed!

Please let me know if it works or not!

Reactions: LordFenris

LordFenris

Knight
Jul 21, 2014
I remember this system from the first edition of our server, many, many years ago. No one had thought about existence of the Enhanced version yet :)

Later, we were one of the first servers to implement this version of the game for players. We will be pleased to re-implement your system on the current edition of our server. Players from old times, especially remember vampirism and lycanthropy :)

Tomorrow I plan to implement it on our test server. I would like our GameMasters to review the gumps with Enhanced client.

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
I look forward to the feedback, note for staff : as staff you can spawn the [ITimerwolf (and others) or [InfectedBat to push a special virus test. Also use [add SuperSpreader false 0 for a random cold/flu/virus test ... these get you sick 10 times quicker then the unseenillness and usually reserved for players to try to infect items in the game! (Make sure to manually delete them as they usually wait to infect 50 players before deleting itself)

*Also be mindful it is not a bug if you suddenly get self cured, it is part of the immunity system, or in turn get randomly sick, that is apart of the outbreak system!

LordFenris

Knight
Jul 21, 2014
@GoldDraco13
In the current version of ServUO (latest Github) there have been some changes consisting in removing the old faction system and links to the older version of properities. Direct plug & play results in errors in 3 scripts.

Errors:
+ Custom/SicknessSys/Illnesses/Lycanthropia.cs:
CS0234: Line 1: The type or namespace name 'Factions' does not exist in the namespace 'Server' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
+ Custom/SicknessSys/Items/Lycanthropia/WereClaws.cs:
CS0115: Line 60: 'WereClaws.AosStrengthReq': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 67: 'WereClaws.AosMinDamage': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 74: 'WereClaws.AosMaxDamage': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 81: 'WereClaws.AosSpeed': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 88: 'WereClaws.MlSpeed': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 95: 'WereClaws.OldStrengthReq': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 102: 'WereClaws.OldMinDamage': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 109: 'WereClaws.OldMaxDamage': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 116: 'WereClaws.OldSpeed': no suitable method found to override
+ Custom/SicknessSys/Mobiles/Wolves/IHellHound.cs:
CS0115: Line 53: 'IHellHound.HasBreath': no suitable method found to override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.

LordFenris

Knight
Jul 21, 2014
And couple of another errors afted commented factions line (1 script) and and updating the other two mentioned above
+ Custom/SicknessSys/Illnesses/Lycanthropia.cs:
CS0246: Line 28: The type or namespace name 'Silver' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 29: The type or namespace name 'Silver' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 30: The type or namespace name 'Silver' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 34: The type or namespace name 'Silver' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Custom/SicknessSys/Mobiles/Wolves/ITsukiWolf.cs:
CS0103: Line 61: The name 'PackBodyPartOrBones' does not exist in the current context

LordFenris

Knight
Jul 21, 2014
You cut some of current props inside WereClaws. Look pls on my updates version (with str , min and max damage)

Attachments

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
GoldDraco13 updated Sickness Sys-20 with a new update entry:

Update

*Another update dealing with changes with newest ServUO Repo

**I'll be downloading the newest ServUO tonight, I am blind without it obviously!
Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

You cut some of current props inside WereClaws. Look pls on my updates version (with str , min and max damage)
I don't have the latest ServUO yet, was waiting for an official release version, working on the heels of daily changes is not productive, these new changes make the system 100% limited to the newest ServUO, it is unfortunate, as these changes will cause me issues with everyone that has not updated to the newest ServUO.

Hell for us hobby scripters! Bugs if we don't, Bugs if we do!

*Contemplating if I will go forward with these changes, I might actually go back to what I was doing before and go with the latest Released Version and not try to play catch up to what is on GitHub, Plus I don't think majority of the members here have updated, and those that have can make there own changes to the systems! (I'll decide on this before my next update)

Last edited:

Cody

Squire
May 28, 2016
Iowa
doomsdayreturns.webs.com
Shard Name
Doom's Day Returns
@LordFenris use this edit here this will work for those who havent updated past publish 57

public override int AosStrengthReq => 10;
public override int AosMinDamage => 10;
public override int AosMaxDamage => 13;
public override float MlSpeed => 2.00f;

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
GoldDraco13 updated Sickness Sys-20 with a new update entry:

Update

*Fixed a conflict caused when using transform spell and special viruses.
*Fixed a bug with special viruses Level not going past 300 (The special viruses are meant to fade out between 900-999 now) If you do not want the virus to end and max out at 999, pm me for the edit!
*Fixed a potential crash caused by a system item changing while being iterated through in a list
*Removed the Were Claws being forced on players while in wolf form, this item will be update more in a future release, for now...
Read the rest of this update entry...