1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Socket System Help]

Discussion in 'Script Support' started by gametec, Apr 16, 2018.

1. gametec

gametec Active Member

The Problem:
    Lines 6-11:
    These lines will change every so often to accommodate the SocketMount and SocketCreature buffs....
    What I am having issues with is finding a way to have a creature utilize a HasBreath effect. This is just an example as I am just testing the system thus far. It's still very unstable, but works the way it should between Socket Mob and Gem interactions. I just can't seem to get the buffs added correctly.

I've asked for assistance, but it's been a while since I've scripted anything new for RunUO, let alone ServUO and so I'm requesting a little help; pay for play negotiable if we get an end result. Thanks.

Code (C#):
    2. switch (Utility.Random(3))
    3. {
    4.     case 0:
    5.         {
    6.             bsm.UsedSockets += 1;
    7.             bsm.Hue = 68;
    8.             bsm.AugmentList = bsm.AugmentList + "\n" + m_Augmentation.Name;
    9.             from.SendMessage(55, "You have successfully enhanced the Socket Horse!");
    10.             bsm.ActiveSpeed = 5.0;
    11.             m_Augmentation.Delete();
    12.             break;
    13.         }
    14.     case 1:
    15.         {
    16.             from.SendMessage(55, "You have failed in your attempt to enhance the Socket Horse!");
    17.             m_Augmentation.Delete();
    18.             break;
    19.         }
    20.     case 2:
    21.         {
    22.             bsm.Kill();
    23.             from.SendMessage(55, "The power in the gem was too strong and killed your Socket Horse!");
    24.             m_Augmentation.Delete();
    25.             break;
    26.         }
    27. }

2. Lokai

Moderator ServUO Developer

Where do you actually try to buff the Horse? This line? : "bsm.ActiveSpeed = 5.0;"

3. gametec

gametec Active Member

the buffs would go where that line is... that line was a test to see if I could change the ActiveSpeed and it worked. The problem I am having is that I get the error below ALL the time when trying to add breath attacks associated with each gem.

If I just wanted to add BreathPoisonDamage to a mobile I can do it like this:
    Code (C#):
    2. public virtual int BreathPoisonDamage { get { return 0; } }
    So how would I add it to an item that modifies an attribute like that to a mobile? This is the main issue is that I don't know how to do it. So I have put my thinking cap on, tail between my legs, and I'm waiting for someone to teach me. lol

Attached is the beta system... it's really not production server ready; I will release the final project when I fix these issues I am having. This is an alternative to MetaPets.... it allows you to use a non-xml socket system to add buffs to bonded pets using gems. I plan on extending this system for all pets, but at the moment it only covers a new class of mount called SocketMounts.

Attached Files:

#3 gametec, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  4. Lokai

Moderator ServUO Developer

What you would probably need is to do one of the following:

1. Change BaseCreature so that the readonly properties have both setters and getters.

or

2. In your derived classes, such as BaseSocketMount, override any "socketable" properties like this:

Code (C#):
    1.      private int my_BreathPoisonDamage;
    2.      public override int BreathPoisonDamage { get { return my_BreathPoisonDamage; } }
    3.      public void SetBreathPoisonDamage( int damage )
    4.      {
    5.           my_BreathPoisonDamage = damage;
    6.      }
    Then, this would work:

Code (C#):
    1. bsm.SetBreathPoisonDamage( Utility.Random(25, 50) );

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1