Greetings all!

I used to be active about 10 years ago in RunUO, even creating my won scripts and I had quite a nice world going (was under the name Deides back then). My objective was to create a solo-able shard that friends/wife/children could join whenever they wanted.

Fact is i loved playing UO and mostly played alone, getting gear, raising skills etc. Eventually, I had create a shard that i could play alone. Its harder than it seems... my shard had

- random red player encounters (npcs)
- randomly spawning healers
- randomly spawning "blue" players that attacked mobs and ressed when needed, I even added a few random sentences
- a merchant to sell gear to
- trainable pets

I had quite a bit of fun with that shard!

Well, as usually happens, the UO bug hit again, and i was wondering if anyone has a servuo package that has any of the items above. I'd love to play solo and grind away taming dragons, and have my family join if/when they want. I don't want to play a freeshard which might run for 1-2 years then suddenly close, or be at the whim of whoever is running it....

Is there a distrib. package that is solo-able in ServUO? I spent well over 40 hours getting everything running last time.. would like to know if there's a way to cut that down somewhat.

Last edited:
This is a multi-playing adventure game I developed since 2012. Although I add and tweak things on occasion, it is a complete game. Most people play it single player (as do I), while others simply host a small server for their friends to play together. It is very solo server friendly but be warned...this may feel like a totally different game to you so read the information before jumping in to be sure it is even close to what you want.

Other than this package, I don't think anyone has ever released a single player version of UO. Oh...and because it started in 2012 it uses RunUO and not ServUO but the package has everything you need (even the client which you must use). Whether you use Razor or ClassicUO to run the included client...is up to you. I just include Razor in the download.

Wow looks promising! Thank you so much for sharing all the hard work you put into this. I know how hard a task it is to compile a shard. I will check it out

Back