ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
So been trying to figure this out on my own but have not had any luck and I've read everything I can on the forums, I am using a custom map that will be a separate map from the defaults, I am using CUO. I can register the map with no issues, server starts up loads fine, I can swap to the map but I am encountering 2 issues, I cannot logoff on that map as logging in will crash the client and second I cannot see the new map it just looks like a copy of 0/1. Yes the map files are in the server data path and in the client as well.

C#:
RegisterMap(36, 36, 36, 7168, 4096, 0, "NewMap", MapRules.TrammelRules);

Someone please help me before I pull my hair out and thank you :)

Last edited:
So been trying to figure this out on my own but have not had any luck and I've read everything I can on the forums, I am using a custom map that will be a separate map from the defaults, I am using CUO. I can register the map with no issues, server starts up loads fine, I can swap to the map but I am encountering 2 issues, I cannot logoff on that map as logging in will crash the client and second I cannot see the new map it just looks like a copy of 0/1. Yes the map files are in the server data path and in the client as well.

C#:
RegisterMap(36, 36, 36, 7168, 4096, 0, "NewMap", MapRules.TrammelRules);

Someone please help me before I pull my hair out and thank you :)
I do not know or remember a lot when it comes to using custom maps, however does your custom map have it's own map36.mul, staidx36.mul, statics36.mul and any other files like those that may be required? I haven't messed with a custom map in years now, so I can't remember exactly how I got my custom map for a discontinued project to work or what all I had to change to do so. It is probably a very different process today than it was back then as well.

Are you in the ServUO Discord? You might be able to find some additional information on there that isn't here on the forums.

Yes I have all the files named to go with it, and I am on the discord I found some bits of information on there but nothing new.

Question: Are you adding a map or replacing one that currently exists?

You implied in your opening question (and the snippit of code) that you are adding a map. I'm also gathering that your plan is to use CUO to get around the 6 map limit? (Is CUO capable of that?)
As I've said before, I have had experience getting more than 6 maps running (through the use of UltimaLive).
I recall, there are a number of edits you have to make to declare your new map. You should use AgentRansack and do a search for TerMur. Since this is the most recent map added to the stack, there should be fewer but more specific adds. Then you can just add your map behind it.

I'm working this weekend so I won't have much time to look back over my older server to see what I did to get it to work...until Monday anyway.

I am using CUO, at the moment I'm trying to get Ultima Live to work as well, and yes adding a new map not overriding.

I'm running about 20 additional maps with pub54, ultima live, and they work fine with CUO. I don't know what exactly your issue might be without seeing it, but I can tell you it does work. I could not get Ultima Live working with the latest publish, but there are smarter people out there who probably can. I'm still a rookie even after many years of this. If I use it with the latest publish I get all unused tiles, but pub54 works great. I'm guessing there has been some change with clients and tiles/blocks again.

After much trial and error and troubleshooting last night with a friend I was finally able to get Ultima Live working correctly and can now see and use my new map!

Ok well after some trial and error with a few other people it appears UOL is giving me some grief.. one user can't stream the map but can log in fine, I created a Sandbox installed CUO and launched it and it will just instantly crash as it's not downloading the first 5 maps but it downloads the custom without an issue..
1651968639129.png

If I manually replace those maps I can log in and stream just fine it seems..

okay after troubleshooting even more it turns out the culprit for all the issues is CUO.. so I went back to a much older version from the master on the git and it works as intended.

Yeah, they did the same for me about a week ago when I reported a bug. Two people were on it and I woke up the next morning and it was already fixed.

Back