Im very new to this so these may seem obvious to some so be gentle! :)

So my goal is to create a shard that is set way back to Pub 16 with a few tweaks. I've not done a lot so far as i want to make sure i'm not doing something that not needed.

What im looking to do is have Pub 16 era but still have access to Malas. The other ideas are spawning points and changes ill work on once im actually up and running.

So I've downloaded and unzipped the ServUO program, the latest version of Razor and from the UO site ive downloaded the classic client. My questions are:

1. When I install the UO client do I need to patch it to a certain point or does it need to patch all the way.
2. Is it possible to to have access to the other lands but keep the game mechanics based on Pub 16?

Thanks for any help and advice and im sure ill have other questions in the future!

that will involve some work but lets answer your 2 questions really quick :)
1. You do not have to patch it all the way, but it doesnt hurt either. It will only give you access to all the up to date graphics basically.
2. Yes, you can do that. At least I do not see any reason why not at this point.

Thanks so much for the quick answers PyrO, at least I can get the shard in a working state now, hopefully lol! Got some yard work to do so I'll be gone for a bit. I'll get back on later and finish up the basics and see if everything works right and then see what comes next!
[doublepost=1481500593][/doublepost]Ok so didnt get very far, ive installed the UO client and patched it. I start with the Compile.WIN and it goes through everything and ends with this:

upload_2016-12-11_18-55-36.png

Im doing something wrong.

You are trying to run ServUO as a normal user and normal users cant read files from C:\Program Files (x86) for security reasons.

Run it as a administrator or install UO somewhere else.

-Grim

Ok so I moved the UO folder and everything is on the desk top.

Running the Compile.WIN again and this comes up.

upload_2016-12-11_21-2-24.png
[doublepost=1481508291][/doublepost]BTW thanks for the help Grim! Much appreciated!

ServUO looks for a register key to find the UO installation.

There is two ways/options to fix this.

1. You can fix it by search for "Origin Worlds Online" in regedit and change the install path under the 1.0 key.
(Be careful in regedit you can destroy your windows installation if you do anything wrong here.)

or

2. Reinstall UO to the folder on your desktop, installation will fix this issue for you.

-Grim

Ok got that under way, do I need to put the ServUO folder in the UO folder? I have them seperate cause i was pretty sure they needed to be that way. Just out of curiosity would the installation of Razor that way have caused issues? I already deleted and re-installed so it wasnt in programsx86.

I have it like this on my development machine:

C:\UO <== Ultima Online Client
C:\ServUO <== The Server
C:\RunUO.T2A <== Old Server
C:\UOT2A <== The Server I work on.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Razor <== UO Client Launcher
C:\Program Files (x86)\UOAM <== UO Auto Map
C:\Program Files (x86)\MulEditor <== Map Editor
C:\Program Files (x86)\UOFiddler <== Item Graphic Extractor & Importer
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenUO <== Automatic Scripter (not allowed to be untended on servers but it gives good information in the game about the environment then you develop things)

Grimoric forgot to add in the easiest solution. Open the DataPath.cfg in your ServUO/Config folder and simply remove the comment symbol infront of CustomPath. Then set the path there and you are done.

step one - go to www.uo.com and download and fully patch their client. Install it where it tells you!
step two - download the newest servUO svn.

Then compile the core and run it as Administrator if your system requires you to.

Ok so gonna redo the UO install and patch. For clarification since this is all out of my knowledge base servUO svn is the ServUO master zip file?

Thanks for the advice and patience from you all to the new guy, it is much appreciated!

yes its the master zip file, if you have a version of ultima floating around somewhere you can also point servuo to use it directly if you set it in the datapath.cfg

So the tutorial says to: Once the required files are compiled the server will be launched. In the future you can now launch the server by running ServUO.exe in the root directory. Is that the one i have marked below cause thats not starting it up?

upload_2016-12-12_20-1-20.png

ok, so now to see if i can actually get into the world!
[doublepost=1481593203][/doublepost]Dang that actually gave me a chill hearing those footsteps in game!
[doublepost=1481665784][/doublepost]Ok next issue im coming across. Im trying to get my friend to log in so he can help me with stuff in the world but he cant see my shard to try and connect. Should he put my IP address in and not the name of the server?

He will require your public internet ip. You can retrieve it from here: https://whatismyipaddress.com/

You will also need to make sure that port 2593 is forwarded in your router to the computer hosting the server. This varies depending on your router model. You will have to reference the manual in order to do this. You can check if the port is correctly forwarded using this website: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ Simply put your IP and your port in where it is requesting it and click Check.

So ive got my IP and i go into the router and set it up but when i do the test signal it says the port is closed still
[doublepost=1481741361][/doublepost]I have an Asus RT-AC3200 Tri-band router if that makes a difference

Tunred off firewall still says its closed, cant find windows defender is that in Win 7?
[doublepost=1481742282][/doublepost]wait think i founf defender now, let me run it again
[doublepost=1481742442][/doublepost]ok with both of those off it still shows port closed

Be sure the server is running also when testing the port- you can also add your ip here Config/Server.cfg

Yep had that going, i must be doing something wrong in the router?
[doublepost=1481750205][/doublepost]This is my router for setting up, its freshly cleared from my old info so i can see if im doing it wrong or not

upload_2016-12-14_16-13-2.png

So service name I put my shard name in, port range i put 2593, local IP i put my IP in, protocol i leave TCP for local port ive tried leaving empty and putting 2593 in also.

So am i doing something wrong? Missing something?

Haven't seen this one before- is there a spot to also add the name of your server? this information can also be added to your firewall- if you can't figure it out I would call your provider and your router company- you added the ip to Config/Server.cfg

Haven't seen this one before- is there a spot to also add the name of your server? this information can also be added to your firewall- if you can't figure it out I would call your provider and your router company- you added the ip to Config/Server.cfg

So ive added the IP to the server.cfg yes. I thought the Service name was for entering the server name. I have the set the firewall also i think, I added the ServUO.exe to it if thats what you mean?

So do i need to do both of those you have listed on mine as well and the top section thats under basic the same? (If so whats valj?)

You only need the Ultima Online one, since you do not need an http server running on your end

That is not your local IP.

Press the windows key + r. Type in cmd. Then type in ipconfig in the console window. You will see information about your networks in here, if you are using wireless you are looking for the one called wireless lan adapter, your local IP will be listed below that.

Also, on your router, I see a page for firewall. Make sure that firewall is disabled during your tests too as well as the windows firewall. You can set up rules later.

Your local address will be some where in the range of this ip numbers:
10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255

looking like this:

C:\>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::xxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx%16
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.106
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

or this:

C:\>ipconfig

Wireless LAN adapter:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::xxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx%16
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.45

Here is a video:
Windows command line networking: ipconfig
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry was out to dinner, ok so let me run that and see. I was doin g the link to whats my ip and thats what they were giving me. So going to try this now
[doublepost=1481771698][/doublepost]Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.135

Ok so ive done this and im assuming that IPv4 is what i want? I pluggede that into the router and changed it in my ServUO folder as well and still get that its closed.

Back