ai.imgur.com_f0wdIlG.png

My players were possible to build houses with just 1 tile from each other (players - not gms). I could not make this by my own. I thought there is 4-5 tiles limitation. Am i right or wrong? If right, any ideas how it could happen?

I found this in BaseHouse
/Scripts/Multis/HousePlacement.cs

I thought it was 5 between also

* RULES:
* 1) All tiles which are around the -outside- of the foundation must not have anything impassable.
* 2) No impassable object or land tile may come in direct contact with any part of the house.
* 3) Five tiles from the front and back of the house must be completely clear of all house tiles.
* 4) The foundation must rest flatly on a surface. Any bumps around the foundation are not allowed.
* 5) No foundation tile may reside over terrain which is viewed as a road.
*/
The 5 is shown sort of top of the script further down states above

"Five tiles from the front and back of the house must be completely clear of all house tiles"

So in that context I get that they can be as close as 1 tile to East & West yet 5 North & South.
You could test it that way on your server? (cant atm and I never really placed my houses close to others)

i believe if they're using house deeds they can, but with the house placement tool they cannot

this is all the checks that go into a house deed as placement. pretty sure it's OSI accurate [ believe it or not ] because back in the day players could block entrance to certain places with their house.
I've heard of one person who blocked a cave with a castle and was able to mine valorite carefree and made a fortune out of it

anyway, don't give your player house deeds

Code:
protected override void OnTarget(Mobile from, object o)
18         {
19             IPoint3D ip = o as IPoint3D;
21             if (ip != null)
22             {
23                 if (ip is Item)
24                     ip = ((Item)ip).GetWorldTop();
26                 Point3D p = new Point3D(ip);
28                 Region reg = Region.Find(new Point3D(p), from.Map);
30                 if (from.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.GameMaster || reg.AllowHousing(from, p))
31                     this.m_Deed.OnPlacement(from, p);
32                 else if (reg.IsPartOf<TempNoHousingRegion>())
33                     from.SendLocalizedMessage(501270); // Lord British has decreed a 'no build' period, thus you cannot build this house at this time.
34                 else if (reg.IsPartOf<TreasureRegion>() || reg.IsPartOf<HouseRegion>())
35                     from.SendLocalizedMessage(1043287); // The house could not be created here.  Either something is blocking the house, or the house would not be on valid terrain.
36                 else if (reg.IsPartOf<HouseRaffleRegion>())
37                     from.SendLocalizedMessage(1150493); // You must have a deed for this plot of land in order to build here.
38                 else
39                     from.SendLocalizedMessage(501265); // Housing can not be created in this area.
40             }
41         }

Thank you all!

"Five tiles from the front and back of the house must be completely clear of all house tiles"

So in that context I get that they can be as close as 1 tile to East & West yet 5 North & South.
You could test it that way on your server? (cant atm and I never really placed my houses close to others)

Yep, 5 tiles NS, 1 tile EW.

ai.imgur.com_cR8giJR.png

5 tiles between foundations is almost clear for me. Stairs on the picture above are not the foundation? Is there any difference between classic and customized? I have found this on uo.com:

"Improperly Placed
Occasionally changes in the environment around houses may cause them to become improperly placed, the house no longer complies with the placement rules as listed above. Something as simple as a neighbour converting his house from classic to customized can lead to your house becoming improperly placed. This will not cause your house to fall, or suffer any negative effects, however should you choose to demolish the house, you would not be able to place a similar house or plot in the same location."

Any idea how to prevent this? I mean player who built his house first should not have problems because of renovation at new neighbours house.

i'm have the same problem. I'm making walls for the cities modifying the player government system.
I create all the parts of the external walls, thinking in be modulars, Players can create the wall like their would...

but with this protection i cant put wall side by side...

any idea who can help me?

Back