1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you would like to submit a tutorial please visit the main tutorial page here.
    You can not submit them from this forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Spawning, Decorating, Filling Your ServUO World

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by sec_goat, Aug 29, 2013.

1. sec_goat

sec_goat Member

I have looked and Did not find anything, so I hope to create here a compendium of how to get a base install of ServUO spawned, decorated and ready to play. I know for the experienced players this can be an easy task, but for people new to this, or returning after some time it can be difficult to remember how to do it properly.

Please any one that can help me to fill this out and complete it!

Step one:

Type [createworld and click ok.
    This will put doors and teleporters in the world for you.

Step Two: XmlSpawner

type [xmlload Spawns
    this should spawn the world for you (I am currently having issues with this such as all the spawns not properly spawning unless you spawn per folder so Instead of just [xmlload Spawns add Spawns/region (I.E. [xmlload Spawns/Termur)

More to come as soon as I figure it out, at which point I will really clean up this initial post to only contain pertinent info.

#1 sec_goat, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mordredrs

mordredrs Member

I'm using nerun distro adaptaded to ServUO. However i have a lot of patience and i'm organizing spawners one-by-one: now you won't find ettin + troll + cow + chicken + elemental in the same spawner... ;)

3. sec_goat

sec_goat Member

No sir, too OCD for me.

Like I said, just trying to get a basic tutorial for out of the box ServUO to a basic playable state.

I will obviously customize some spawns myself as well, and I like the flexibility I get with XMLSpawner

#3 sec_goat, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Insanity

Insanity Active Member

Remember that you can always export all your spawns and share them with everyone here on ServUO.

5. RoninGT

RoninGT Active Member

On the subject of spawns anyone got a working copy of artegordens spawn editor program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

6. Insanity

Insanity Active Member

It only works on 32bit operating systems. No source was ever released.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

7. RoninGT

RoninGT Active Member

That sir... Sucks. I use to have contact Info for old man Gordon ill have to look it up lol

8. Insanity

Insanity Active Member

Good luck, no one has heard from him in a very long time. Last I heard.

9. sec_goat

sec_goat Member

What was this program? 3rd party separate from uo? All we would need is a way to pull a list of all spawners from the server to re-create something like this., I assume pulling the list and repopulating the changed on would be the hard part

10. RoninGT

RoninGT Active Member

It was a program that worked with the XML spawner system. It let you load and create spawns via a GUI it would show the world map and you could drop spawner a set ranges etc very helpful

11. tass23

There was a fix published for, I believe, Vista, but sadly, it didn't work on Win 7 and I doubt it'd work on Win 8. Since Xmlspawners can pretty much be loaded, reloaded and deleted at anytime (live shard or not), it seems it'd be a simple thing to use the existing map mul files and the coords from current spawners to place them on the map in whatever program. The program can read from each of the spawner xml files and you can update live by "pushing" the changes directly to the server, or saving the file locally and uploading. I would say if it were going to update live though that you'd want specific control on the spawner file you just changed or even a specific spawner. Otherwise if you updated a spawn file live, you'd have to respawn all the xml files....players might wonder what the hell just happened when they were in the middle of killing something and it disappeared, only to reappear nearby and at full health.

Just my few cents. ;)

12. Xanthor

Xanthor Member

My UO days came to an end 10 years ago when I got married and had kids, or so I thought. Few weeks ago, caught my daughter watching some old flash films, Edmcmanus Republican Army. Years back He and a few others were ahead of the times in flash films in regards to UO and when she said "This looks like an old game" It made me go into backups and pull my old server out. To my horror, it did not like Windows 10, or even 7 for that matter so went to the source to see the message the program was drawn to a close but still had a newer version but again my daughter beat me to it when she told me of servuo so gave it a shot and was great-full it started up with no issues. Im going to try getting my old maps swapped out in hopes they will work with the new server, but also once I logged in and saw not just 2 facets, but 5 and no spawns, I shuddered at having to repopulate. Not that I'm lazy, kids and I started putting spawners out after I showed them how, but knew it be a long time to get all of the game filled, not to mention figuring out what went in the other facets so came back in hopes of finding a plugin that save a lot of time and found this post. Has this command existed even back in runuo times? If so I feel so dumb, as never knew of its existence even with all the searching, but searching paid off and even though the post is old, I thank the one who made it. It's helped out greatly so my kids can now enjoy the game and I can put out spawners to touch up the huge world. Great work!

• Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1