Not A Bug Spell casting Packet/Target Combo.

Dramoor

Rookie
Apr 4, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
ServUO Version
Newest Repo
Sending the Packet 0x2D for Spellcasting with a target will go directly to the Targeted_Spell Method in Spellbook.cs which does not seem to check for Line of sight or range. So as long as it loads on the screen the target can be attacked from anywhere.

This was noticed using a newer version of Razor Enhanced and confirmed by the dev that maintains it.

Attachments

Reactions: Tasanar

Dexter_Lexia

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 3, 2014
USA
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
Spellbook.cs sets the spells InstantTarget to a value, which is handled after the spell timer ticks. This then creates a instance of the spells target, and uses the invoke method which has all the range/los checks in it. I'd like to see a video of this happening.

Dramoor

Rookie
Apr 4, 2014
Maybe it has been changed. And I thought I checked the newest repo. It could be fixed with using the instance when it was swapped over. I have like 8 versions of Servuo when I test merging updates with branches of my server. So could be my error from that. I did try to Tell Dan ahead of posting, but he asked me to post. And when testing things before posting it does get hard to keep track when your files change methods so often. It is late though for me and I won't have time to pull a new repo to test till maybe tomorrow. But looking on it now I do see changes to the call in spellbook from older versions.

Reactions: Dexter_Lexia

Dexter_Lexia

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 3, 2014
USA
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
Yea, I know we did some work on the way the macro's worked. But the current ServUO repo should be using the target limitation, such as LOS and range checks.