I have a RunUO 2.2 shard running and lately I have begun wondering about placing some limits on 'SDI'.

Some of our players have acquired items getting them up to SDI +300 which I feel may be overbalancing Mages versus Monster compared to Melee versus Monster.

I would really like to hear input from other shard owners on this. At the moment I am leaning toward limiting SDI to +100 which would double (not triple) the damage done by spells.

Am I being over concerned? Is a 300% increase in spell damage the norm?

Many Thanks

*bows*

I have a RunUO 2.2 shard running and lately I have begun wondering about placing some limits on 'SDI'.

Some of our players have acquired items getting them up to SDI +300 which I feel may be overbalancing Mages versus Monster compared to Melee versus Monster.

I would really like to hear input from other shard owners on this. At the moment I am leaning toward limiting SDI to +100 which would double (not triple) the damage done by spells.

Am I being over concerned? Is a 300% increase in spell damage the norm?

Many Thanks

*bows*
There is a cap to damage increase, so even if players have items that show 1,000% Damage Increase, only the max is used in the equation. Unless you have edited your core, I am pretty sure the cap is 300% Damage increase (from all sources). Likewise if all the magical props were 100% somehow, only a portion is used to account for damage bonus.

So really, anything showing props over the cap is just for looks ;)

Unless it's modified there isn't a cap on sdi besides the pvp cap it does have diminishing returns however.

If you want to put a cap on it the best place would probably be in SpellHelper.cs
on servuo if you searched for :
public static int GetSpellDamageBonus

You should see the pvp cap called for in that section and you could do an else and have your cap in it. It's most likely the same for runuo 2.2 but I don't have it easy to look at.
I think the max possible sdi on broadsword is around 160% not counting slayer bonuses but it isn't capped to that it's just the most possible from gear. Also consider is it worth making all your players that are mages angry for a little bonus being removed lol.

Unless it's modified there isn't a cap on sdi besides the pvp cap it does have diminishing returns however.

If you want to put a cap on it the best place would probably be in SpellHelper.cs
on servuo if you searched for :
public static int GetSpellDamageBonus

You should see the pvp cap called for in that section and you could do an else and have your cap in it. It's most likely the same for runuo 2.2 but I don't have it easy to look at.
I think the max possible sdi on broadsword is around 160% not counting slayer bonuses but it isn't capped to that it's just the most possible from gear. Also consider is it worth making all your players that are mages angry for a little bonus being removed lol.
Yes, SpellDamageIncrease is not capped. Sorry, I should have said that specifically about my post :O *LoL*
DamageIncrease is capped and that can be used to account for an SDI cap too. <- is what I was getting at :D

The only way I have found to control the Cap on SDI is in the Spell.cs script. I have tested and varified the control works there at various levels (100, 200, 300). The question remains . . what Cap limit if any is most advisable for SDI?

Last edited:
Back