zerodowned

Some of you may be familiar with Djeryv's Spell Toolbar script. I decided to make some updates to it while implementing some changes as well.

Looking for some feedback, so let me know if there are any changes you'd like to see.

Here's the current combined gump I have going with Djervy's hotbar gump below it
ai.imgur.com_jZVkLi2.jpg

As you can see, my spell selection gump uses the names of the spells instead of the spell icon. I felt this was a bit more 'user friendly'.

A change I'm thinking about working in is this
ai.imgur.com_D7XRDxo.jpg

Removing the Spellbook image from the hotbar gump and instead adding an "options" below the spells.
The arrow is the minimize the hotbar/options bar, the question mark is for help (necessary?), the blue arrow is for possible making the hotbar flippable, so it can be horizontal or vertical, and the lock is to lock the hotbar so it can't be moved, closed, as well disabling the other option buttons.
Looking at it now I think it needs a blank space to be able to grab and move the whole hotbar section, but if I removed the (?) button then I could slide the others over.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, what are the maximum number of spell icons that should in one row?
I'm not entirely sure how I'd make it work, but I thinking of having 12 icons per row (sounds fairly typical for MMO hotbars, right?) and if the player selects more than 24, it will tell them to choose less.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Note: I already have Magery and Necro finished and working. I have limited free time, so it might take me a few days to finish the rest.

I like how you did the spelling of the words instead of the icons , i d rather have the spell book or a smaller image in its place then having a grey bar under all the spell icons maybe switch the arrow where the book is at

Very nice indeed! Would this bar also help with not loosing spells as it some times happens with a client crash out?

what are the maximum number of spell icons that should in one row?
A default uo game window size is 800x600 you can fit 18 spell icons in that game window size. So i think 16 or 17 if you have the book included, would be perfect.
If they want more then that amount you have two choice (in my opinion) option 1: Make it limited to only that amount and they'll have to drag the rest of the icons out of their spell book them selves. Option 2: make multiple rows appear as needed. Allow players to customize the size of the rows. option 2 is more closely related to modern mmos.

ps. I want :eek:

I like how you did the spelling of the words instead of the icons , i d rather have the spell book or a smaller image in its place then having a grey bar under all the spell icons maybe switch the arrow where the book is at

That's a good idea, to have the minimize arrow where the mage book is and then I think i'd leave the option buttons underneath.

Very nice indeed! Would this bar also help with not loosing spells as it some times happens with a client crash out?

For now I'm using Djeryv's method of storing settings: players has a scroll in their backpack that the use to open the selection gump. I've never touched XML but I hoping these settings could be saved in an XML file instead. Just haven't looked into it yet.
Anyway, to answer your question, this would save the settings even if the client crashed. (unless of course, the server closes without saving)

A default uo game window size is 800x600 you can fit 18 spell icons in that game window size. So i think 16 or 17 if you have the book included, would be perfect.
If they want more then that amount you have two choice (in my opinion) option 1: Make it limited to only that amount and they'll have to drag the rest of the icons out of their spell book them selves. Option 2: make multiple rows appear as needed. Allow players to customize the size of the rows. option 2 is more closely related to modern mmos.
ps. I want :eek:

Cool, thank you. I'm hoping to make the size of the rows customizable eventually, for the first release I'm planning on just making it create a second row if say, more than 16 spells are chosen.
:D Hoping to finish it this week, but like i said, i have limited free time. three kids keep my plenty busy.

Back