Anyone around here play Star Wars:The Old Republic the MMORPG?

Its a pretty fun game. This Star Wars MMO is ALOT better than i thought it would be. Its a big game download, but from what i can see so far in my PlayTime... Its WELL worth it, and FREE!!

If you do play... Let me know. I'm part of the Empire.

All Hail The Emperor!

C#:
public FreeSWTOR_MMO(Mobile you, Game game, Video preview) : this()
{
	game = ( "www.swtor.com" );
	preview = ( "www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ2816ZCCsY" );
	if (you != play.game)
	{
		((you.CheckOut.game)&&(you.CheckOut.preview));
	}
	else if (you.play.game)
	{
		you.Let.JBobKnow;
	}
}

Last edited:
I played for awhile. ended up wanting to PVP more than playing the real game but they limit how many matches you can do per week as a free player.

So this f2p-plague has befallen SW:TOR, too? This already ruined LOTRO back in the days. Anyway, I always wanted to try out that Star-Wars-MMo, so I might give it a shot in a few weeks.

thing that annoyed me is that in order to complete some of the missions/quests, that are part of the main storyline and will not let you advance in the game unless you do them, you HAVE to team up with someone else in order to do them.
I'm a lone wolf, i don't like that

True, but sometimes its more fun with that extra person. Being in a guild is helpful with getting the extra people for that instance of the story-line. I'm in a nice small one that I've been getting alot of help from. and most of the time there is multiple people doing the same quest at the same time. easier to team up at the entrance if someone else is doing it too.

Yep, I plundered it's depths for a few months. It's very much a play by the rails kinda game. The story line is awesome, but the excruciating micro-payment/subscription system, monotonous quests killed my enthusiasm for it in the end.

For such a rich and varied universe, SWTOR is a wasted and lazy attempt at turning Star Wars into an MMO. That said I will play from time to time, but it's not the game deserving of the genre.

Also, the Empire rocks, for sure. lol

hehe, yeah i got to level 28 and started to die down on the LeeTness of it. its still good and fun to hop on and play. I did pay to get the guild bank unlock but even tho i unlocked it i couldnt do anything with money so i got pissed and haven't been on in a cpl days. spending 5$ on something i wanted to use and not be able to do what i wanted was pointless.

Aye, I paid for a few things too. Got a level 50 ish Empire Sorceror, but it was frustrating these payments only bound to characters and you had to pay even more to unlock for the account. Their whole set up is one hell of a cash milk. Still, as you say, a good game. I only paid as much as the game should be worth in retail value, not about to sub up/pay more though lol

I actually had beta access to this and found it to offer nothing new.

IMO it's world of war craft badly set in a star wars era type frame set.

It did seem promising when I started playing but then I realized it's all the same crap just beefed up depending on your level.

Needless to say I didn't stay long after beta

I recently started up again and enjoying it. I did play when it first came out and subscription based and recently started again with a Sith Jug (Tank).
The strongholds expansion is not bad either, still can not beat the likes of UO for housing but I spent some time decorating this weekend.

I delved into this game solely as means to beef up my own shard, since we made a pretty big Star Wars expansion for it. It gave some great inspiration for things to create, but I was a little bit dismayed as to how mundane the SWTOR universe was. They have the resources to make this a true space-faring sandbox experience and they dumbed it down to the point that it barely stands out against any other average-ish MMO.

I actually had beta access to this and found it to offer nothing new.

IMO it's world of war craft badly set in a star wars era type frame set.

It did seem promising when I started playing but then I realized it's all the same crap just beefed up depending on your level.

Needless to say I didn't stay long after beta
Aion was the same way Omni. I did Beta testing for that and the first thing out of my mouth was "This is WoW all over again." Now granted most MMOs are going to be a lot like WoW: the way quests are done, the way gear is setup, how dungeons work, etc. I still believe that what makes something like UO standout is that you didn't have to reach a certain level to go do something, you didn't have to have the Tier XX gear or even great gear and customizing. Sure there was still grinding to be done, but for the most part it wasn't as bad as a lot of the new MMOs are.

I played for awhile. ended up wanting to PVP more than playing the real game but they limit how many matches you can do per week as a free player.

Also, the Empire rocks, for sure. lol
Not knockin your opinion just gotta say the Empire in this game is just the least hairy girl in a group of Bearded Women (jugs were fun) but also shows how badly they represented the jedi they should have rivaled the Empire in everyway this alone created enough imbalance to ruin the game
instead
Swtor Dev: "hey there mr.jedi here you get a hood, wear it. okay tired of hoods here's one with the hood down huh you like that dont you B*** Pay me my money"
lol

yes this game is pretty awesome to try & is fun to learn the mechanics the dynamic fighting target system is fun but the hotkeys & other things about the graphics blows but as you start to get closer & closer to end game stuff, your tricked & pushed toward pay to win it turns into total crap once you realize how much time youve wasted just to pay money in the end when there's nothing more to entertain you.

I still have a sub until its up but Ive played on and off for 4 years plus people on swtor are retarded or there's too many lil kids W/E its too much to do once youve made a character for light/dark side etc its the same things over & over Light Side Dark side system blows & *********************the dev's for swtor suck epically at life. *****************************

the characters & outfits look stupid it is next to impossible to find one set of armor that doesn't have something stupid on it that makes it look dumb.
no point to race system nothing worth using other than human which also look stupid & WHY ARE THE VOICEOVERS STUCK UP BRITISH SOUNDING voices YUCK I think the only reason I played at all was because it was star wars & light sabers but never lived up to the original old republic which still had the feel of star wars the only things that are star wars are the light sabers & the title screen in swtor,............................

everything has a price in that game & im over it (but disappointing because I really wanted to like the game like ElderScrollsOnline)
[end rant

Last edited:
Back