alchimyst submitted a new resource:

Stargate System V3 by Fingers McSteal - an incredibly awesome interactive star gate system based on xml entries

Found this system while going through an old runuo shard I was tinkering with...makes a fantastic addition to things and is easily customizable. As mentioned in the readme file, I did NOT create this, Fingers McSteal did, but it really shouldn't go to waste. Tests fine on Pub 54 with latest client. Check out the link in the faq to get all the details.

Enjoy!

-Alch

Read more about this resource...

I'll have a look tonight and refresh my mind about this one. Think you have all the files needed as I remember it got 1 update to v3.1 for some reason.

Pretty much straight forward to use tho, GM or admin extra menus show up if you have that level.
Commands...

All admin only
[SGAdmin... Access admin stuff (For placing new gates, enable disable system, platform selection, setting address codes)
[SGDelete... Deletes the whole stargate network off shard (can be recovered if you DONT SAVE before shutdown of shard)
WARNING... IF you do this command and the shard saves I don't remember if the XML file is saved blank or not !!! Be careful ;)

[SGGenerate... Reads XML file and puts gates in game world
[SGInfo... Originally for diag help when making this, spouts info to ALL online tho

[Usage("SGDelete")]
[Description("Deletes All Stargate v3.0 Components Including Platform Addon's")]

[Usage("SGGenerate")]
[Description("Generates All Stargate v3.0 Components (Forced Re-load of Current XML File)")]

[Usage("SGInfo")]
[Description("World Broadcasts Stargate Count Information To Shard")]

From admin options you needed to disable the system then add your locations, force a shard save then re-enable it to use it. The locations were updated at save time. The system needed to be locked out if you wanted to add platforms, v3.1 added the ability to make gate locations 1 way... I.E. hidden dial crystals so players cant use the gate if it closed down.

First player to use a gate was the name that goes on the menu for that gate, hidden gates in gump appear once discovered to everyone at all gates.

3 Platform types only, main config file also holds some settings... SGCore.cs file ;)

I'll have a look at it and see if theres anything else I can tell you later ;)
[doublepost=1474042570][/doublepost]adminpanel.jpg mainpanel.jpg
removegump.jpg
style1.jpg style2.jpg style3.jpg
sg0001.jpg

White icon moved along as you picked a symbol, hit Activate once your done and your off.
Also hitting Activate from the start will dial gate 1,1,1,1,1 without the need to dial anything ;)
Sorry for the messy pics ;)

it's not I just play with all this for fun. Was trying to learn how for a friend to teach him. lol but Thank you so much :)

You used the command [SGGenerate.- but not sure where they are generated to? Other's who use this system should be able to explain and if not maybe you have a faq text with the system.

Quick run down, this might help as it's been ages since I've used this myself.

Scripts installed, server running...

Use [sgadmin and open the admin panel
adminpanel.jpg
Disable the stargate system to begin with, this stops anyone messing with gates your adding at that time.
Use the admin panel to setup your gate, address, style (1-3), direction it faces N-S or E-W for the door arch and finally gate name.
Hit the ADD GATE NOW button to add it to the world, it's placed where you stand, it drops a 3x3 grid (footprint).
Add another (somewhere to go obviously).
Once you have 'some' gates in your world... hit the 'Force XML address file save' button, text is in red on admin panel. This creates your XML file which holds the gate data.
Re enable stargate system on admin panel, the control crystals change from red to blue... use gates ;)

To add more gates... [sgadmin again and disable the system again... add more gates / force a XML save when done and re enable the stargate system.

Removing gates...

Stargate system must be disabled to do this via the admin panel.

Go to the gate you want to remove, click crystal and use admin & gm function options to open new menu.
mainpanel.jpg
Admin & GM option to the next menu...
removegump.jpg
Select the remove option.

*** Worth pointing out, this is an old version, the newer version has 2 options added to hide the dial crystal or reveal it... so you can have 1 way gates, dial into it but no way to dial from it once it closes... fun fun fun ;)

Pretty much what you need to know, everything handled from those few gumps.

*** Quick Edit ***
The server saves the gates and sorts gate names at save times.

If you alter anything... Force a save of the XML to keep that updated, if you build gates and kill the server BEFORE a world save you'll loose whats been added.

The force XML address file re load will load the current XML you have in your servers directory, this was originally to allow other gate files from other servers to be swapped into your server... shared ideas etc.

Anything else you can use the info option top right on the admin panel.

Last edited:
Quick run down, this might help as it's been ages since I've used this myself.

*** Worth pointing out, this is an old version, the newer version has 2 options added to hide the dial crystal or reveal it... so you can have 1 way gates, dial into it but no way to dial from it once it closes... fun fun fun ;)

*ears perk up*

New version? :D

I didnt realise this was still here.

I am actually thinking about starting up again with a shard and writing code... if I do id like to redo the whole thing with all the original ideas I had when I started this... lots of fun things to go with it ;)

To add the extra map id have to look at the original code and maybe drop a couple of edits into it but its doable.

Leave it with me until the weekend as right now... in a truck over-nighting in Manchester UK... work sux lol ;)

A fellow Brit!!! We're a rare breed in here :)

It is a great idea and very well executed.

I was having a look at it myself and I felt that I would do away with the numbers representing the symbols and just have the symbols themselves. The 6th symbol could be the planet... oops I mean the facet :) Like Item 0x4882 So you would have the facet selection symbol to click or select from a list and then the regular 5 symbols down the right side to dial with.

We were also joking that anyone in the way of the event horizon before it fully formed should be instantly killed :)

David_2-6_10b.jpg

A fellow Brit!!! We're a rare breed in here :)

It is a great idea and very well executed.

I was having a look at it myself and I felt that I would do away with the numbers representing the symbols and just have the symbols themselves. The 6th symbol could be the planet... oops I mean the facet :) Like Item 0x4882 So you would have the facet selection symbol to click or select from a list and then the regular 5 symbols down the right side to dial with.

We were also joking that anyone in the way of the event horizon before it fully formed should be instantly killed :)

View attachment 12816
Ive had a look at old code this weekend and the extra facet shouldnt be a problem to add with a bit of time.

Thinking about what you mentioned using symbols rather than numbers as well. Doable but that would need extra design into gumps or something else... to be honest id re-write the whole thing if I was going to do that, that would allow for all the extras I wanted in it the first time around.

Doing my best for time to do all of this so please bare with me, thanks

Back