Cannot Reproduce Strange champ spawn bug?

manwitch

Squire
Jul 13, 2017
Operating System
windows
ServUO Version
last one before the purge
So, I had 2 players doing the champ spawn in fell despise, Ricktor is the boss (probably spelled wrong lol), Normally, if a player attacks the boss they can get turned into a ratman, that lasts awhile and then goes away.

I wasn't there to witness it but they said that after the champ was defeated, they were just standing around and one of them turned into a frog. Now he is stuck like that, and has been for hours.

I tried to change his body value with the GM character, but it doesn't take, he stays a frog(body val 81). All three properties associated with the body are all 81 (body, body mod, and body val).

if he tries to mount anything it tells him he can't mount while polymorphed, if he tries to cast polymorph the spell fizzles every time.

I'm at a loss to get him to human form again. lol, any help is welcomed.

Falkor

Squire
Apr 11, 2018
wpshard.com
Shard Name
Whispering Pines
I would set bodymod 0, then bodyvalue 400 (401 if female char; elves and gargoyles are other values as well). The "body" value should follow the bodyvalue change automatically.

manwitch

Squire
Jul 13, 2017
A shard restart fixed the problem but, I wish I knew why it happened in the first place. I haven't been able to reproduce it. and never seen it before.

Dexter_Lexia

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 3, 2014
USA
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
Baracoon turns players into rats, not Rikktor. And a frog? He only changes them to rat body id, 42.

manwitch

Squire
Jul 13, 2017
@ Dexter_Lexia Yes you are correct, Baracoon is where they were, not rikktor. But I swear he was a frog body 81. They never left the champ spawn area after it happened until they got ahold of me to see if I could fix it. And he stayed that way until I restarted the shard. Even changing it in the properties didn't work.

I never got the chance to see if using the "[set " command would work because I restarted the shard before I tried it and it was then fixed.

They were both (the players) aware, as was I, that they could be turned into ratmen by Baracoon but he was definitely, a frog.

I trust the players enough to believe they didn't do anything funny to make it happen and so reported as a bug.

I figured it is something like when every once in a while a casted EV will have a lama body.

If there is anything you would like me to do to try and tack it please let me know.

manwitch

Squire
Jul 13, 2017
No he did not. I checked that first(on his paper doll and pack). I asked him if he had a frog costume too, lol, he said he didn't even own one.

The Silvertiger

Citizen
Feb 26, 2019
If it was player with magery, they should have been able to cast polymorph and pop out of it, but as for the hours later... sounds like an issue. Frog could be an issue in code or client art mod.