Hello community,

Well, each step of the way it seems like I get a little further but I hit another bump in the road. When I create my setup account, save, bring up Razor, put in my IP and port I go through the character creation process (so excited :)). Then when I choose next to enter the world it is stuck on 'Creating character...' and nothing advances. I am using LBR client. Not sure if anyone has ever contended with this or if there is a solution. Attached are two screen shots. Thanks for your time.

Appending:
Additional information if it helps, I am on UO Version 3.0.6j (Patch Unknown). I am trying to have this set at LBR, so this is the reason for my choosing. Thanks again!

v/r
Adam

Attachments

• ErrorCC1.PNG
    ErrorCC1.PNG
    44.7 KB · Views: 32
  • ErrorCC2.PNG
    ErrorCC2.PNG
    250.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hello,

ServUO/RunUO don't support 3.x.x clients and older. What you need to do is log how your packet for creating a character looks like. This can be done with this tool. (I use it in a WM with a 32-bit windows 10)

Download RunUOSpyUO.RAR
https://code.google.com/archive/p/runuo/downloads

Here is some information that can help you to understand what is wrong with your create character packet.
http://docs.polserver.com/packets/index.php?Packet=0x00

The modifications you need to make are inside PacketHandlers.cs in the core server.
https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO/blob/master/Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs

You can either decide you don't allow other clients than the one you have or you can write the code so that the client gets detected and the correct version is used of the packet is used.

You will find some more defects after this step, like the fast walk protection that don't exist in older clients. The skill packet that doesn't match. I have made a T2A client version 1.25.35g work sins I wanted to see how it looked and worked (to see what features what was missing compared to the ML client) before I decided to started to transfer the graphics into a 5.0.9.1 client.

-Grim

Last edited:
Hello,

ServUO/RunUO don't support 3.x.x clients and older. What you need to do is log how your packet for creating a character looks like. This can be done with this tool. (I use it in a WM with a 32-bit windows 10)

Download RunUOSpyUO.RAR
https://code.google.com/archive/p/runuo/downloads

Here is some information that can help you to understand what is wrong with your create character packet.
http://docs.polserver.com/packets/index.php?Packet=0x00

The modifications you need to make are inside PacketHandlers.cs in the core server.
https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO/blob/master/Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs

You can either decide you don't allow other clients than the one you have or you can write the code so that the client gets detected and the correct version is used of the packet is used.

You will find some more defects after this step, like the fast walk protection that don't exist in older clients. The skill packet that doesn't match. I have made a T2A client version 1.25.35g work sins I wanted to see how it looked and worked (to see what features what was missing compared to the ML client) before I decided to started to transfer the graphics into a 5.0.9.1 client.

-Grim
Thank you so much Grimoric. Seeing how I am 3/4 slow and 1/4 dumb I don't know if I'd be able to successfully accomplish everything you provided competently. I do know AOS starts at 3.x.x but patches up to 4.0. Would it be possible to run that client successfully without heavy modifications? I appreciate all your help. Thanks again.

V/r

Adam

Actually, it seems like it is compatible with the last patch of SE (4.0.11c) for the AOS client.

Give me a second, I will test how far back I can go.

Edit: It looks really dark, ServUO seems to not be able to handle items in your backpack until 6.0.5.0 or around that point. I did in my testing by patch an AOS client from 3.0.8s (patch 0) until 6.0.14.3 to see how far I needed to go before it did start working. If you wish to use an older client you will have to rewrite some packets.

-Grim

Last edited:
Grim, you are phenomenal, thank you so much for all your hard work looking at what works, the resources and what initiatives I need to take, you are exceptional for sure. What version is 6.0.14.3? Thank you again?

It is the last AOS client under Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn. I have patched a client for you, sins you will probably not be able to find it anywhere. I named it AOS2D_Win32_Full_Client_6-0-14-3-GRIM.zip just replace the files in your AOS installation. It can be found here.
http://www.uot2a.com/download/clients/

-Grim

Last edited:
You are a miracle in flesh, omg Grim. I am going to try this. the only problem I am having now (self inflicted) is trying to get the Servuo to run because it appears I made the mistake of opening it in notepad and now, even when changing registry I can't change they way I open that file path without it opening in notepad so it can't .exe. But The amount of work you put in for this. I don't know if it is fair for me to say here but do you mind if I IM you? Thank you a bazillion. I plan on doing more than donating to this site because of you and your generosity.

V.r

Adam
[doublepost=1548784406][/doublepost]ServUO.exe.config file only opening up in Notepad. I have tried several online tutorials to correct this to no avail. I cannot start the ServUO.exe because it is now set to default to open in Notepad. I am not finding out a way to reverse this. I have deleted ServUO Master folder and redownloaded and to no avail. Any one know how I can correct this? Thanks in advance!

V/r

Adam

You are a miracle in flesh, omg Grim. I am going to try this. the only problem I am having now (self inflicted) is trying to get the Servuo to run because it appears I made the mistake of opening it in notepad and now, even when changing registry I can't change they way I open that file path without it opening in notepad so it can't .exe. But The amount of work you put in for this. I don't know if it is fair for me to say here but do you mind if I IM you? Thank you a bazillion. I plan on doing more than donating to this site because of you and your generosity.

V.r

Adam
[doublepost=1548784406][/doublepost]ServUO.exe.config file only opening up in Notepad. I have tried several online tutorials to correct this to no avail. I cannot start the ServUO.exe because it is now set to default to open in Notepad. I am not finding out a way to reverse this. I have deleted ServUO Master folder and redownloaded and to no avail. Any one know how I can correct this? Thanks in advance!

V/r

Adam

Is it just your ServUO.exe that opens in Notepad and not all EXE files?

Just my ServUo.exe is what I am finding, strangely enough. And I am surprised that even when delete and reinstall they are still showing as such. As far as my knowledge goes. Thanks for the response Denjiki.
[doublepost=1548803219][/doublepost]
Is it just your ServUO.exe that opens in Notepad and not all EXE files?

Just my ServUo.exe is what I am finding, strangely enough. And I am surprised that even when delete and reinstall they are still showing as such. As far as my knowledge goes. Thanks for the response, Denjiki.

Just my ServUo.exe is what I am finding, strangely enough. And I am surprised that even when delete and reinstall they are still showing as such. As far as my knowledge goes. Thanks for the response Denjiki.
[doublepost=1548803219][/doublepost]

Just my ServUo.exe is what I am finding, strangely enough. And I am surprised that even when delete and reinstall they are still showing as such. As far as my knowledge goes. Thanks for the response, Denjiki.
Strange...normally I would think your file associations were messed up for EXEs in Windows, but that would affect all EXEs and it's not something you can "accidentally" break like other file associations (requires registry edits to change default EXE program).

I know you said you deleted and re-copied the ServUO files, but are you positive your ServUO.exe file doesn't actually have a hidden file extension? Like ServUO.exe.txt or ServUO.exe.config ? If you don't have the Windows setting "hide extensions for known file types" unchecked, it will hide the file extension and may appear like an EXE but actually have a different file extension. If you're not familiar with where to change this setting, here's how:

1) Open Control Panel
2) Open File Explorer Options, then View tab
3) Uncheck "Hide Extensions for Known File types"

Then check your file and make sure it is actually ServUO.exe. If it isn't, rename it to ServUO.exe and see if it opens

Strange...normally I would think your file associations were messed up for EXEs in Windows, but that would affect all EXEs and it's not something you can "accidentally" break like other file associations (requires registry edits to change default EXE program).

I know you said you deleted and re-copied the ServUO files, but are you positive your ServUO.exe file doesn't actually have a hidden file extension? Like ServUO.exe.txt or ServUO.exe.config ? If you don't have the Windows setting "hide extensions for known file types" unchecked, it will hide the file extension and may appear like an EXE but actually have a different file extension. If you're not familiar with where to change this setting, here's how:

1) Open Control Panel
2) Open File Explorer Options, then View tab
3) Uncheck "Hide Extensions for Known File types"

Then check your file and make sure it is actually ServUO.exe. If it isn't, rename it to ServUO.exe and see if it opens
Thanks for your assistance. I did see it as ServUO.exe.config. I checked the Hide Extensions for known file types and it was unchecked. I changed the file name to that of ServUO.exe. I do get a message thereafter. Attached are my screenshots. Thank you again Denjiki!

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    43.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    21.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    16.8 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for your assistance. I did see it as ServUO.exe.config. I checked the Hide Extensions for known file types and it was unchecked. I changed the file name to that of ServUO.exe. I do get a message thereafter. Attached are my screenshots. Thank you again Denjiki!

No problem. Happy to help (where I can at least).

My fault for giving ServUO.exe.config as an example. ServUO.exe.config is actually a legit file, we should rename ServUO.exe back to ServUO.exe.config. However, I think I see your issue -- I think you may have forgotten to run the compiler (perhaps after you re-downloaded ServUO). Go ahead and follow these steps and let me know how it goes:

1) Rename the ServUO.exe back to ServUO.exe.config
2) Run the Compile.WIN - Release.bat file. It should pop up a command prompt and make you press any key a couple times. Once it's done it should close.
3) Now you should see a proper ServUO.exe in your folder that you can run. You should be good to open it up and start your server.

No problem. Happy to help (where I can at least).

My fault for giving ServUO.exe.config as an example. ServUO.exe.config is actually a legit file, we should rename ServUO.exe back to ServUO.exe.config. However, I think I see your issue -- I think you may have forgotten to run the compiler (perhaps after you re-downloaded ServUO). Go ahead and follow these steps and let me know how it goes:

1) Rename the ServUO.exe back to ServUO.exe.config
2) Run the Compile.WIN - Release.bat file. It should pop up a command prompt and make you press any key a couple times. Once it's done it should close.
3) Now you should see a proper ServUO.exe in your folder that you can run. You should be good to open it up and start your server.

You are absolutely right, that was it, I was under the impression that it appears that way once unzipped, I had no idea that it would change after compilation. Thank you so, so much for your due diligance. You and everyone else helping have been overwhelmingly awesome. Recompense is in order.
[doublepost=1548821835][/doublepost]
It is the last AOS client under Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn. I have patched a client for you, sins you will probably not be able to find it anywhere. I named it AOS2D_Win32_Full_Client_6-0-14-3-GRIM.zip just replace the files in your AOS installation. It can be found here.
http://www.uot2a.com/download/clients/

-Grim
Grim, sorry to bother you. I was reinstalling some components and deleted the files you provided in the process, is it at all possible you are able to post the clients again that you provided originally? So sorry, and thank you again.

Back