System.Reflexion errors

Regnak

Apr 1, 2013
Belgium
Hello,

I have some errors popping up in the console on the server. Those line are 'red', but it seems Vita-Nex is behaving correctly. They only appear at startup of the Shard.

Here they are :
Code:
[VitaNexCore]:
[VitaNexCore]: Load action started...
[VitaNexCore]: Loading Services...
[VitaNexCore]: Loading Modules...
[VitaNexCore]: Load action completed in 0.08 seconds
[VitaNexCore]:
[VitaNexCore]: Invoke action started...
[VitaNexCore]: Invoking Services...
[VitaNexCore]: Invoking Modules...
[VitaNexCore]: System.Reflection.TargetException: Non-static method requires a target.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.CheckConsistency(Object target)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InvokeArgumentsCheck(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at VitaNex.VitaNexCore.TryCatch(Delegate action, Action`1 handler) in C:\UO\server\Scripts\Custom\Systems\VitaNex\Core\VitaNex.cs:line 623
[VitaNexCore]: System.Reflection.TargetException: Non-static method requires a target.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.CheckConsistency(Object target)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InvokeArgumentsCheck(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at VitaNex.VitaNexCore.TryCatch(Delegate action, Action`1 handler) in C:\UO\server\Scripts\Custom\Systems\VitaNex\Core\VitaNex.cs:line 623
[VitaNexCore]: Invoke action completed in 0.06 seconds
I'm actually not sure what is going on there.
I only noticed that moving the server the another folder didn't fix the problem, but it seems the errors there were still pointing to the old folder (eg. I moved it to a D:\ and it was still pointing to the C:\). Compiling the code again was fixing it to the right path, but not solving the issue of those 'red lines'.

Anyone could help ?

Thx :)

-Rek-

Edit : and with a screenshot
Capture002.PNG

Last edited:

Burner

Mar 24, 2013
Shard Name
Akara Essex
I've just gotten this same thing after merging with the newest changes in servuo. Prior to the merge, there was no issue - Last update would have been a few months ago though - so something in hte last 3 months I think.

Regnak

Apr 1, 2013
Belgium
Hi !

Thanks ! I was starting to wonder if I was the only having this...

I haven’t found yet how to get rid of those lines, but it seems to have no impact on VNC itself in game. However, I haven’t activated any modules yet... because of this. I wanted to use instanced dungeons too, but I am postponing it until I am 100% sure VNC and latest ServUO are working flawlessly together ;)

And indeed, I am using latest ServUO’s repository. Well my latest merge was 1 month ago.
Would it limit our search to a commit that is 2-3 months old ? lol

I will let you know if I eventually find what is wrong.

Burner

Mar 24, 2013
Shard Name
Akara Essex
Ok, so - I did find that my last merge was done on Feb 15, before todays. So the change is likely something between then and now

Regnak

Apr 1, 2013
Belgium
Oh cool !
So that would limit us to Feb—>Apr ?

If we consider that it’s a commit changing core files, that wouldn’t mean a lot of scripts to check :
/Server/Scripts/...
/Server/Network/...
/Server/EventSink.cs
/Server/Item.cs
/Server/Main.cs
/Server/Mobile.cs
/Server/MultiData.cs
/Server/Region.cs
/Server/Skills.cs

And I haven’t checked what latest commits were about as I have been busy with other things ;)

Thanks anyway for all those useful pieces of information. I will try to assemble the puzzle again this weekend. :)

Asteria

Sep 4, 2018
Would love to know if anyone figures this out. I'm having the same issue, I just installed a fresh copy of servuo a few days ago to update my repo, put in VNC and got the same error coming in.

Reactions: Regnak

Regnak

Apr 1, 2013
Belgium
Okay, then it seems to be global.

Has anyone tried the latest version of ServUO and VNC ? My version is one month old, so this may have been fixed in the last commits.

I don’t know which way to go to fix this..
Should we try to find what update in ServUO are throwing the errors ?
Or should we try to see how to fix it in Vita-Nex ?
My opinion is to wait for @Vorspire to publish an update to VNC... as it is an issue for everyone... hopefully he reads this ;)

Vorspire

Vita-Nex: Core
Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 29, 2013
United Kingdom
core.vita-nex.com
Shard Name
Ultima Shards: Multiverse
Donate
Donate money to this user
It was probably the removal of the "Sleep" or "Asleep" method/property in Mobile.
Vita-Nex uses reflection to determine which implementation of certain methods exist, if any at all.

If Vita-Nex doesn't outright crash your shard when it encounters an error, then it's safe to continue as that's the way I designed the project.
If an exception is thrown by a system that is critical to the running of the shard, then it will allow it to crash, otherwise it just eats the errors and carries on.

Yea, I also get these errors on my local tests, as well as a flood of conflicting type ID messages - it's safe to ignore them all for now.