NOTE: I have been struggeling to post something like this for a while now, so I thought it might be worth the try...

as14.directupload.net_images_140926_6776lmve.jpg
Greetings, fellow swashbucklers and bilge rats, this be somethin' to look out for!

It is now almost a year ago that the idea to take the engine of Ultima Online and transfer it from the fictional high fantasy setting it represents into an Age of Sail-like caribbean setting. I imagined buzzing coastal cities, swordfights in the dark alleys of tortuga, tavern brawls, brothels, smuggling... In short: everything a good pirate story shouldn't lack.

It was around the beginning of this year when I merged my ideas into a first concept and started building. At this point of time it was a mere throwing together of the OSI-tiles to see if it was possible to create a fitting athomsphere. In March I decided to wipe everything in order to create a suitable map. As an inspiration I used the actual shape of the caribbean islands. With this rough mapping being done, the actual part of work began: world building and design. And that is where you come into play.

tl;dr: PIRATES!

I am looking for someone that can help me out with:
  • world construction/decoration (tool of choice: CED+)
  • forging a unique look for the setting
  • creating arts
What I can offer:
  • already completed rough mapping: so no pixel-by-pixel drawing
  • dedication: I will be on leave from college for more than a year, so I can invest quite some time
  • friendly athomsphere: I still see UO as a hobby, so I won't go crazy about deadlines or anything like that.
I guess, thats all there es to say for now. If you feel like you can contribute to my vision, I'll gladly hear your thoughts.

RegARRRds,
Klabauter

First of all: I know pushing threads is not particularly good etiquette. Yet still I would like to give it another try before this thread ends up in the depths of the forum. Without help I will not be able to let this vision of mine come true. I know how to handle the programs I need but what I need is someone with experience in mapping, worldbuilding and/or setting up a shard to team up with me. I have worked on the map and the first bits of decoration over the last months, but as I said: I lack someone who knows how to properly build up a shard from scratch.
I still think a shard like that would add a lot to the UO freeshard scene, so please don't let my idea go to waste!
Here are some jungle impressions plus a sketch of an english uniform:
2019-11041.jpg 2019-21178.jpg 2019-49507.jpg uniform.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it! The screenshots above are a bit older already and were more like tests to see what the look of the jungle could be. I am currently implementing more land tiles to make the ground look more natural. But as said, sadly it is more like doing bits and pieces.

Back