Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

Let me give you a little preview of our project (the official announcement will be later with a proper trailer etc.) . We are a group of hardcore players and developers - right now aprox. 8 people. We have a history of playing and developing UO since around 2000, playing on official and several other custom shards as well as actively playing most of modern MMOs.

And that brings us here. Let me now introduce our server - Tales of Tasartir, or as we call it: ToT for short.

What is ToT? Its a fully custom server in making (we had our one year anniversary in august). Lorewise its based on a fantasy novel that I am working on for several years now (hence my nickname - Tasartiran meaning of Tasartir).

What are the most important planned features of the server?

-Total sandbox. Basicaly the player can go anywhere he wants, do anything he chooses, become anyone and reach the total limit of his abilities if he wants. Become the cruelest and most respected player killer or the most skilled hero in terms of running dungeons, or an RP player, or just run around the forest in search of horses and other realms. What you are into you can do at ToT.

-Modern up to date technologies. This includes running on the most modern emulator (servuo). And we have a custom client for our use - a custom client that one of our friends (also ex-dev of Endor) is developing. This all should give us total control over what we want and what we need and should really make it so nothing is impossible from a technical point of view. Buff/debuff bars? Done, Action bars? Done, cast bars? Done, Build in tutorial? Done. We also have one of the latest versions of the muls so we have a lot of space for all of our custom toys (art, npcs, spells etc.)

-Experience system - we have experience with the classic UO systems and alternative experience systems and for me I must say - experience is the way to go. We have planned an experience system in which you can level by pvm or pvp. New player will reach a balanced, competetive level in an acceptable time but everyone can level indefinately for a small extra bonus if they are into it. In other words the developement of the character is endless but players who can devote only limited time can and will be competetive.

-Class system - we really like when there are defined classes. A paladin is warrior of holy light and should not be able to cast curses and summon demons. We want a lot of diverse classes and class specs with a class-only quest chains and other features that will let you customise your class to the last bit.

-Balanced and diverse PvP - balancing our PvP is a priority because PvP is all present in the world of ToT. Everybody must watch their back and that is why there is even now a team of old school PvPers waiting for an PvP testing phase so we can really work hard on balancing it. As for the formats, we will have PKs, we will have a PvP league (anyone in the league can kill anyone else) that can have territorial wars and town wars etc. and when another map comes we are planning a faction conqueror system for that map. We also want automated events like arenas.

-Fun and challenging PvM - sure, when you die you drop all of your stuff so PvM cant be that hardcore as for example WoW PvE but that doesnt mean it will have to be boring. We will have many non-linear dungeons that will test parties coherency and skill with glorious rewards and also systems like time-challenge: the quickest clears of dungeons will be automaticaly recorded on the main page and ingame for even more fame to the players. We also even now have some very solid ideas for fun boss encounters.

-Custom map/s - we are working on an all custom map, but in time all of our maps will be custom. We do not want a small world (after all its based on a whole fantasy world) but that is not the reason. We believe that our shard can grow and be succesful and sustain a large map. And that is what are builders are working on.

-This all mades up a custom system never seen anywhere in any game.

-And last but not least - a professional GM team - that is one of the most important aspects. It is important to be respectful and polite inside the GM team to each other and also to the players.

Here is a little preview of just some of the stuff we already have done:

http://forum.talesoftasartir.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=95

So what am I expecting from this topic? To light a spark of interest in people that may have be interested in joining our dev team and make something truly remarkable. This is not ment as an official announcement, that will come later. I may have forgotten something in which case feel free to ask and we can discuss the topics. Our family is open to anyone that wants to become a part of this project and lend a hand to the cause of showing the world that UO can be a good and modern game even in 2016. And dont worry - we may be working on this for a year now but anyones ideas and opinions are taken into consideration, if you are active, you will have as much say into what goes and what doesnt go into the game as any other active member. We are spending a lot of time discussing and planning on ts3/skype every week and good ideas are never declined.

My skype is patriarch1107, ICQ 338325486 and facebook Ivan Zahradka if you want to contact me anywhere else.

Have a good night!

For the Tales of Tasartir team,
Ivan / Tasartiran

Hello again guys. I decided to update this topic.

You may ask - why is it almost 3 years now since this innitial post. Why has it been so long and the server is still not open and no new news?

To simply put it - ToT as a concept is not just another custom shard, its a whole new game. We have made a game that looks like UO and some parts of it indeed feel very like UO, but essentialy we aimed to evolve the genre - make a game that is fresh and new, that is welcoming and can be picked up and enjoyed even by non-UO crowd. Not trying to achieve this is a common mistake why most custom shard die very early.

For that we had to cut out all of the content that comes with servuo and left behind only the core components of running the server. Everything else is our own work. Another aim that we had is a modern game (that can be played on high resolution full screen if wanted) with a modern UI and everything that comes with it. Nothing less than technical superiority is what we want from our game.

As a result of this, the development of this server, our dream, has been sometimes harsh, sometimes tiresome. We (our team currently comprises of at least 10 active members and other semi-active) are not there yet, but over the last 3 years, great progress was made.

We are currently in the phase that we are preparing for all out marketing and presentation of our work, although it may také some more time. We are preparing a web, discussion and presentation forum and more. With these tools our server will be easier to propagate.

Why I am writing here now. A lot of people read this post here, that i posted three years ago when trying to get some people to join us and make our dream come true. From that time, there was no official news from us and the project could have looked dead and finished. I assure you, that is not the case.

If anybody else (programer, graphic, web designer, map builder, dungeon designer or just a fan that wants to learn something more) wants to join us or even help a little, everyhing is appreciated. You can contact me here via PM, ICQ (338-325-486), facebook (Ivan Zahradka) or skype (Ivan Zahradka / Patriarch1107).

More news will be coming, hopefuly soon :)

See you and thank you for the support that some of you have shown us!

For Tales of Tasartir dev team,
Ivan / Tasartiran

Back