PyrO

PyrO submitted a new resource:

Smithing Press & Sewing Machine House-Addon - adding in the veteran reward house addons.

The smithing press and sewing machine at your disposal!

- South and East version of each addon ready to be placed.
- Deeds save the stored uses
- Security settings to enable the player to manage this tool
- Optional prop to show security (off by default)
- Optional prop to show current charges (on by default)

Read more about this resource...

There are two "FactionImbueGump.cs", one is in "Scripts\Services\Factions\Gumps" the other in "Scripts\Services\Factions\Items\Traps".

I deleted the one in the Traps folder, it seemed right since the the ServUO master has the factionimbuegump.cs in the "Scripts\Services\Factions\Gumps". When I did that I got these errors.
Errors:
+ Items/- BaseClasses/BaseJewel.cs:
CS0535: Line 23: 'Server.Items.BaseJewel' does not implement interface member 'Server.Engines.Craft.ICraftable.OnCraft(int, bool, Server.Mobile, Server.Engines.Craft.CraftSystem, System.Type, Server.Items.IUsesRemaining, Server.Engines.Craft.CraftItem, int)'
+ Quests/Sutek/Items/ModifiedClockworkAssembly.cs:
CS0535: Line 15: 'Server.Items.ModifiedClockworkAssembly' does not implement interface member 'Server.Engines.Craft.ICraftable.OnCraft(int, bool, Server.Mobile, Server.Engines.Craft.CraftSystem, System.Type, Server.Items.IUsesRemaining, Server.Engines.Craft.CraftItem, int)'
+ Services/Factions/Items/Traps/BaseFactionTrapDeed.cs:
CS0535: Line 7: 'Server.Factions.BaseFactionTrapDeed' does not implement interface member 'Server.Engines.Craft.ICraftable.OnCraft(int, bool, Server.Mobile, Server.Engines.Craft.CraftSystem, System.Type, Server.Items.IUsesRemaining, Server.Engines.Craft.CraftItem, int)'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.

The reason for that is that tools have the interface IUsesRemaining, yet Addons are not BaseTools, to enable them to access the normal crafting they too get cast to IUsesRemaining allowing both classes to use the same methods.

Okay with those 3 errors I was getting I added the IUsesRemaining where ICraftable was(If this is what I was supposed to change in the first place). Everything loaded up, but when I double click the Press or place a hammer on the crates the server crashes.

Again, Thank You for your time

You dont replace ICraf table :p you would need to replace BaseTool with IUsesRemaining ^^

This would be all the info I could find so far- Thanks for this release :)
7 Year
  • Sewing Machine & Smithing Press
    • The Sewing Machine & Smithing Press are house-addons that can be used in conjunction with the tailoring and blacksmithy skill, respectively.
    • The machines will hold 5000 charges of their respective tools.
    • Add charges to the Sewing Machine by dropping sewing kits on the stool.
    • Add charges to the Blacksmith Press by dropping smith’s hammers, sledge hammers, or tongs on the crates.
    • Runic, Ancient, or specialty crafting tools cannot be added to the power tools.
    • Security can be set on the power tool to limit who can use and deposit tools into the attached stool or crates.

PyrO updated Smithing Press & Sewing Machine House-Addon with a new update entry:

Corrected the content of the zip

My bad, 2 times the wrong file and 1 file missing ...

Added them and it should be fine for now.

Also noticed that the current Repo version will throw a error if you just copy this over, its about the IRepairable interface, I guess it is in one of the files I am currently overwriting (thats why I dont really like to do core changes for this)

Be aware of this, for now, and make sure you merge the Interface into the addon files.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Re-downloaded. After merging I still get the same 3 errors from before.
And the factionimbuegump.cs is still in Scripts\Services\Factions\Items\Traps\

Did you click on the update link? I dont know if I cant change the download file / link to the most current version. At this moment the "update" is the correct new version

After clicking that link then clicking the title it does nothing, the title just goes to the link you provided. :p

EDIT

Just tried with Internet Explorer and still gave me the same thing.

That did the trick! Now since it is an add-on I guess I HAS to be in a house to use, I only say this because I tested it outside of a house and it just crashes the server.

Thank You for this wonderful resource!

Wow , so tell me exactly what you did to make it crash. They do not crash for me so I am a bit worried :/

Also it should simply say that it has to be placed inside a house if it is not ... weird.

Wow , so tell me exactly what you did to make it crash. They do not crash for me so I am a bit worried :/

Also it should simply say that it has to be placed inside a house if it is not ... weird.

After adding all the files I just did [add SmithingPressEastAddon and placed on the ground NOT in a house.

Did you try the deed? Just making sure its not just an issue with directly calling the Addon like that

But does the deed place it correctly or does it make you crash too?

OH yeah sorry, the deed places correctly. Everything seems to work fine as long as I use the deed. I was only trying to [add SmithingPressEastAddon because I would like to place it at a smith or anywhere else of my choosing. If this is not possible I wont be heart broken :p

Well I will have to look into that crashing regardless so if that is done I may look into making it work without a house too

PyrO updated The 4 Veterean House-Addon with Craft-functionality with a new update entry:

Completing the set

Added in the fletching station and the spinning lathe.

Also rounded up all crafting definitions so that they would potentially work in a (future?) house addon without causing crashes.

With that being said you can basically edit them to work as a tinker station for example OR make your own "design" simply by adding the components

Read the rest of this update entry...

I am getting a bug if you place these with gm char or admin on the ground you cannot delete it or use it or even props it all you get is the msg

PublicOverheadMessage(Server.Network.MessageType.Regular, 0x3E9, 1061637); // You are not allowed to access
[doublepost=1474586891][/doublepost]well I just noticed you had a updated one pushed to GitHub so I grabed it and I got these crash

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Items.SetPowerToolAnimationEntry.AddTo(Mobile from, Item item, List`1 list)
at Server.ContextMenus.ContextMenu..ctor(Mobile from, Object target)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.ContextMenuRequest(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Hmm thats weird, can you tell me exactly what you did? Since I know that when I did them they worked without any crash at all. I mean it can also be that something in the repo changed that may cause it (thats just a possibility)

Frosttiger are you using the servuo repo or another? Your server uses Generation of Worlds?

Last edited:
I tried it with servuo repo just to make sure crash was the same I still get the crash..

what I did was add it ingame with my admin in the tailor shop so players could use it, then I clicked it to see context menu and that is when it crashed and gave me the null

The SeGOW repo same code as the servuo repo but with folder moves and no custom framework.

Ok I will look into it, but it seems odd to me atm. I have no idea what broke it and I can not say when I get enough time for looking into it but I try to do it as soon as I can.

np no rush I just figured I post it as I cant seem to figure why it gives a null on context menu being called when the item is placed by admin. thanks for looking.

Back