Admin
ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
My next plan is to better organize these forums into sections relating to ServUO old/new, closing down and merging outdated/unused sections, adding easier to find links, and opening up new forums and resource sections for general support questions or modifications of the other C# based emulators (RunUO) and custom clients out there turning ServUO more into a community based on all emulators and shards and not necessarily one based on our servers or products.

I am looking for suggestions on how you would like to see ServUO.com structured and how we can better set things up to make it easier for the community to navigate these boards.

Last edited:

The Real Keith

Silver Donator
Feb 5, 2015
uorevealed.com
Shard Name
UO Revealed
Donate
I would merge the ServUO forums category and the ServUO Emulator categories together into one section to minimize categories as a whole. You have an announcements section as well as a news and updates section. I wouldn't create a bunch of new categories for each third party emulator, but make a category FOR third party emulators. This will keep those discussions tight and simple and not take away from the focus of the forums.

As far as outdated content, i would be hesitant to move those around too much. Those backlinks and resources are not only still useful to many but do wonders for the SEO on the site.

I've removed categories that had very little threads posted in them or ones that wouldnt really be needed under the new suggested system. Then you'd add a Archive or Outdated section to most of these categories to push threads to overtime. This would let us retain the information but inform that it's old.

So I'd lay it out like this

ServUO
Announcements
Introduce Yourself
General Discussions
ServUO Tutorials
ServUO Support (Windows / Mono / The Emulator Itself)
Script Support
Custom Script Releases
Quests
Addons
Core Modifications
Think Tank
Bug Reports
Suggestions & Feedback
Archive / Outdated

Media & Art
World Building
Maps
Art & Gumps
Animations
Multis
Archive / Outdated

Third Party & Misc
Tutorials
RunUO Support
XML Spawner
Vita-Nex Core
Clients
Archive / Outdated

Servers & Community
Shards Seeking Players
Players Seeking Shards
Shards Seeking Help
Looking for Work

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
You already mentioned the separation of the resource section into emulator specific submissions, that would help a lot!

I would request a section for those of us that want to work on projects with the community involved where interested, a testing development ground per say, where people can come together and work on an array of projects together, ie like the resource submission but are marked for in progress/in development and members can join projects if they chose or just help test etc etc

Or have it where it is more like a think tank with an extension to work on the idea to the point where the end result could be then released to the community and the road of the production cataloged!

Either way, I think what I am getting at is, I personally would like to see ServUO be a hub of creativity built off the collective minds of the members. To help build UO into the Game/World we always wanted, the one that keeps us all here after x years,!

Reactions: Tempus and Tasanar

Dropgunner

Citizen
Mar 23, 2019
I would appreciate it very much if ServUO would open itself more to other projects, also because I am working on such a project myself. In future there will be more information.

Gandalf

Citizen
Aug 28, 2015
Middle-Earth
Shard Name
FantasyNet
Any chance of a repository for clients and patches? I can contribute almost every client from 2.1 thru 6.0 and/or patches. Very hard to find anyone who has kept individual clients past 6.0.

Gandalf

Citizen
Aug 28, 2015
Middle-Earth
Shard Name
FantasyNet
Thank you. Had most of those. Was hoping some OCD person like me kept up saving all the newer clients as well. I'm looking to convert an old RunUO 2.2 shard to ServUO pub 57. Having issues figuring out the last client that will be compatible backwards with older items and such, but still allow new adds. I try to keep a repository of every client, but was offline a couple years.

Grimoric

Squire
Mar 21, 2015
Found something interesting in your collection.

ultima-online-lord-blackthorns-revenge-lbr-023.iso can that be a lbr2d_win32_4-0-0l with Verdata Win32_LBR2D 23.
If that is so the patch log file would really be interesting to me. What does Verdata says in that installation?

All patches you have with numbers like "6-0-14-4.rtp" have wrong names. This is mostly like uosa_win32_6-0-14-4 and the pat file would say "Win32_UOSA 1"
The issue is that a user that didn't know how patching works has collected different installations and just joined them. Check the PAT files to see what installations they belong too. I recognize this download I had it before but removed it sins all files are correct named in your other installations with RTP/PAT files.

What will happen is that a gold (T2A) installation will try to upgrade with a UOML patch and the base map from UOML file doesn't exist in T2A and it will crash.

Edit: Here is an ultra-rare client from my collection. It is a pre-T2A full installation. (Ultima Online 1.26.4a patch 3069)

Last edited:

Gandalf

Citizen
Aug 28, 2015
Middle-Earth
Shard Name
FantasyNet

ultima-online-lord-blackthorns-revenge-lbr-023.iso can that be a lbr2d_win32_4-0-0l with Verdata Win32_LBR2D 23.
If that is so the patch log file would really be interesting to me. What does Verdata says in that installation?

All patches you have with numbers like "6-0-14-4.rtp" have wrong names. This is mostly like uosa_win32_6-0-14-4 and the pat file would say "Win32_UOSA 1"
The issue is that a user that didn't know how patching works has collected different installations and just joined them. Check the PAT files to see what installations they belong too. I recognize this download I had it before but removed it sins all files are correct named in your other installations with RTP/PAT files.

What will happen is that a gold (T2A) installation will try to upgrade with a UOML patch and the base map from UOML file doesn't exist in T2A and it will crash.

Edit: Here is an ultra-rare client from my collection. It is a pre-T2A full installation. (Ultima Online 1.26.4a patch 3069)

Thanks!
Oh boy, I have a lot of renaming to do.
The LBR shows Win32_LBR2D 0
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately our internet is down again, other than the "community" wifi, so can only download to phone, transfer to pc, then install; obviously can't patch or connect.
Also, the patches without the uosa_win32 etc. in front of them, are duplicates. Removing them and updating list.

Last edited: